CS #725 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just can't seem to think of anything
Light snow last night.

Lunch

It started out innocent, with lots of variety... macaroni and cheese, hash browns and ketchup, carrots with blue cheese dressing, and sugar snap peas and hummus. It didn't take long, before all hell broke loose...

I almost pee'd my pants laughing, when he was dipping one finger in the blue cheese dressing, the other in hummus, and then sticking them with mac and cheese, into his mouth.

Quick snaps with my iPhone.

Lunch
View attachment 1674781
It started out innocent, with lots of variety... macaroni and cheese, hash browns and ketchup, carrots with blue cheese dressing, and sugar snap peas and hummus. It didn't take long, before all hell broke loose...

View attachment 1674782
I almost pee'd my pants laughing, when he was dipping one finger in the blue cheese dressing, the other in hummus, and then sticking them with mac and cheese, into his mouth.

Quick snaps with my iPhone.
Nice pics and a great story :)

Looks like tedious work. Are they replacing some of the stones with manufactured bricks, or is this some inside layer behind the stone wall?
The original wall was all stone but only the outer face was mortared. Behind that it was "just" laid like a drystone wall. Clearly that wasn't strong enough so this time it is being mortared and concrete-reinforced throughout its depth. The blocks you see are concrete too and, as you rightly surmise, are being used to help reinforce the whole thing. Also, this time the wall is only going to be built back up to the garden's ground level, with fencing to be erected at the top to keep the top weight down. There are also a lot more weep holes built into the new wall. It will all be much better than before but I don't envy the neighbours their bill.

As for it being tedious work, it would be for me because I don't enjoy jigsaw puzzles, which is what stone walling always feels like to me whenever I have to try to fix small areas of my own drystone walling. To stonemasons though, maybe not.

Nice weather on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom