CS #725 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Eric makes a good point here, that it is different for someone who is not a parent or grandparent, and that is indeed my situation; on top of that I was an only child, too, so didn't have any experiences with a younger sibling, either.

And yes, Paul, I agree: photography is absolutely very subjective -- both on the part of the photographer and the part of the viewer -- who may well have two very different perspectives and responses.

IMHO food smeared all over someone's face, hands, clothing and the surrounding area is simply not attractive.

I've been following the discussion and I think it comes down to the point that some people apparently feel that sort of imagery is appropriate to post here because it's attractive, whereas you apparently feel it's inappropriate to post here because it's not attractive. Good luck to those on either side of that argument convincing the other side that they are wrong; it'll never happen. You would have just about as much luck convincing me that it's inappropriate as you'll have convincing me that it's inappropriate to eat chocolate in moderation. Neither my wife nor I have ever been a parent and I sure do hope Santa brings me a hot chocolate maker for Christmas.

I've been around a while. I was the subject of similar pics when I was a kid, as were my brothers and sisters and lots of my friends. Now I have children and grandchildren who have also starred in pics like these. In all that time I have never known anyone who was pictured in this way to find the results anything but amusing and great fun, especially when they view them later in life. I have no doubt that Paul and his family, including his grandson, will enjoy these pics in future just as everyone I know has always done.

Bill, that is a nice trio of VA. Really like the last one as it reminds me of what my old digs in Sacramento looked like during the holidays.

Just a terrible iphone photo. But, this is what we are spending our evenings doing. We have a granddaughter playing on her Jr. High 8th grade basketball team, and a grandson playing on his high school JV team. We can't go to their games, so they are being broadcast either through Facebook live or a national high school network. I feel bad for their parents. No parents can go to an away game and only one parent for each child can go to a home game. But at least the kids get to play and we have a way to participate. I'm grateful for that. We can airplay facebook from my phone or ipad onto our tv. We have 5 games to watch this week.

I often resort to the cellphone camera. Good to see you, Terri!

Just a terrible iphone photo. But, this is what we are spending our evenings doing. We have a granddaughter playing on her Jr. High 8th grade basketball team, and a grandson playing on his high school JV team. We can't go to their games, so they are being broadcast either through Facebook live or a national high school network. I feel bad for their parents. No parents can go to an away game and only one parent for each child can go to a home game. But at least the kids get to play and we have a way to participate. I'm grateful for that. We can airplay facebook from my phone or ipad onto our tv. We have 5 games to watch this week. View attachment 1674877

Beautiful Christmas tree, Terri. And the iPhone did an amazing job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom