CS #726 - The Games People Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom, Dad, sister and I often played Mille Bournes around the kitchen table when growing up. Trying to recall what the expression was when given an "incident" when holding the "solution" . . . Something like "Coup Fourré"?
Yeah, I think that was it! I had forgotten, as I haven't played in a long long time.

Some quick and lousy shots to add our stash of games to the "on a dusty shelf" collection :rolleyes:

View attachment 1675179
View attachment 1675180
View attachment 1675181

4. On a much lower shelf, and they occasionally get dusted, and used. Also, breaking a rule on Mike's watch!) :D
View attachment 1675178
Oh, geez, Nick - I loved Stratego as a kid (with its bombs and the Spy, etc.), same with Risk (always tried to invade North America from Kamchatka I think it was?). Great memories in this one - thanks, buddy.

My Mom, Dad, sister and I often played Mille Bornes around the kitchen table when growing up. Trying to recall what the expression was when given an "incident" when holding the "solution" . . . Something like "Coup Fourré"?

Bien sur c'est le coup fourre

No photos were added to the thread yesterday so I decided to revive it with a quick snapshot of the jigsaw puzzles my wife has enjoyed playing with. It has been years since she worked with one but she has been talking lately about getting back into it. I wonder if she will continue with the same theme or move onto perhaps a lighter theme.

Some of the puzzles are mysteries accompanied by a fictional, corresponding story that gives clues about solving the mystery.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that jigsaw puzzles and board games are being used more during the pandemic as a form of entertainment that can be done at home.

View attachment 1675139

Well, made the "mistake" of showing this to my wife, and she ended up ordering 2 as her Christmas presents—the Cab one and another that is about food. That means she is hoping to suck me into the "depuzzling" process! Thanks Mike :rolleyes:

On the other hand, "your" crab cakes are the feature of our Christmas day meal (but I am paring them with Brussels Sprouts, in your honor!!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom