CS #726 - The Games People Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collective Shoot #726 -- The Games People Play

I'm jumping in at the last minute to host this week's Collective Shoot inspired by a personal photo project that came to light just yesterday. The project is to photograph a friend's chess set. When considering photos to make, take the theme, The Games People Play, both literally and figuratively.

Photos that would be a literal fit would, of course, include card games, sports, board games, and games infants play, such as playing hide and seek by covering their eyes with there hands.

Photos that would be a bit less literal might be of a favorite area near your home where you like to "play," or of an object, such as a car, a Slinky, a woodworking tool, a spinning top or anything you like to play around with. (Does anyone around here have a camera that they like to play around with?) Anything children do while playing would be a great fit. Maybe "games" in your household include jigsaw puzzles or crossword puzzles. The photo could be of a musical instrument you like to play, that you like to hear other people play or as in the case of your 5-year-old grandson's drums, that you don't like to hear being played. :D

Photos that would be a figurative fit would include anyone (adults, children, pets or other animals) doing anything enjoyable, as all games should be fun and it's not necessary that all games have winners and losers. If the scene in your photo doesn't immediately convey its fit with this week's theme, please also include a narrative explaining that fit.

A primary purpose of the Collective Shoot is to motivate us to make new photos, so please remember that all photos should be taken between now and Wednesday, December 9 at midnight your local time. Please, no more than three photos in a post but there is no limit to the number of posts allowed per day.

I'll go through my photos later today to provide example photos. In the mean time, game on! :)

Last edited:
Example Photos

Mike 2004-12-28--011BW-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My nephew playing in our backyard with his toy rocket.
Mike 2014-12-27--065-L.jpg

African wild dogs playing with each other
Mike 2013-09-22--0105-S.jpg

My drop art photo kit that I enjoy playing around with
Mike 2020-09-08--0001-S.jpg

Nobody likes hearing me play this...and for good reason!
Mike 2018-05-19--009-S.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Bill Walderman
"Nobody likes hearing me play this...and for good reason!"
_WJW9470-3.jpg

Quick and dirty set-up.
Violin by Antonio Gragnani, Livorno 1768
Bow by F. N. Voirin, Paris cir. 1870

Last edited:
Junior has lots of stuff I can probably use this week to come up with something.
Talking about games, after I took early retirement, I decided to be a big-time sports photographer, made it just short of the Olympics. Don't do it anymore.
Media Creds.JPG

Real Name
Paul
I love playing it

I believe that's a bass trombone. Right? Consider taking a closeup of the opposite side of the two triggers and explain them to the folks that might not have heard of a trigger on a trombone.

Don't explain the spit valve, as that might gross some people out, especially when you tell them that trombonists never use a spittoon. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom