CS #726 - The Games People Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their mom doesn't let them play computer games or mobile games much. (Smart mom!!) But when they come to my house, they know that they can get away with just about anything.

_DSC6537.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
_DSC6549.jpg
_DSC6552.jpg

Our family is keen on board games, and Christmas usually includes 1 new game and many hours of competitive fun. 5 Years ago we got this and played it a lot—it's a cooperative game. However it has since gone from a game to being a real threat, and I tried to capture that sinister evolution here, gelled with 2 flashes and photo focus stacked.
Pandemic_DxO.jpg

Last Christmas our son got us this game; it's complex, games last for ever, and we've played it once! Someday when we're all together again we get reacquainted with it. Until then, there is always stuff in a bottle!

Viticulture_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, I don't wanna play. That's because you're marble is so much larger than any of mine.

Very creative, Connie! Well done!

Hee, hee...... Yeah, that big "marble" is actually a Lens Ball. The other day on another site someone mentioned hers and I thought, "oh, yeah, I've got one of those....." I believe over the couple of years I've had it, I've only used the thing twice or maybe three times. Anyway, I was still waiting for the subconscious and the creative juices to come together with an idea for this week's CS, and all of a sudden this afternoon the sort of half-idea I'd already begun to form coalesced and the creative juices all came together and I said, "AHA!" I remembered that I had a bunch of marbles stashed away somewhere. And, hm, yes, there was that Lens Ball........

Voila! I had a lot of fun with this, but it was a bit tricky because once I'd more-or-less positioned everybody I had to be careful not to jostle the surface or they'd start rolling all over the place......

I tried to capture that sinister evolution here, gelled with 2 flashes and photo stacked.

I'm impressed with the two gelled flashes, but I'm even more impressed with the results. I didn't know you're a flash-units kind of guy but I now stand corrected.

Photo stacked? Please explain; inquiring minds want to know.

Last Christmas our son got us this game; it's complex, games last for ever, and we've played it once!

Anything having to do with wine is worth trying a second time. ?

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Our family is keen on board games, and Christmas usually includes 1 new game and many hours of competitive fun. 5 Years ago we got this and played it a lot—it's a cooperative game. However it has since gone from a game to being a real threat, and I tried to capture that sinister evolution here, gelled with 2 flashes and photo stacked.
View attachment 1675012

Last Christmas our son got us this game; it's complex, games last for ever, and we've played it once! Someday when we're all together again we get reacquainted with it. Until then, there is always stuff in a bottle!

View attachment 1675011
Nice pair of shots, and interesting games that I’ve never heard of (even though I like games, I don’t game much, as my wife and friends aren’t game players).

Our family is keen on board games, and Christmas usually includes 1 new game and many hours of competitive fun. 5 Years ago we got this and played it a lot—it's a cooperative game. However it has since gone from a game to being a real threat, and I tried to capture that sinister evolution here, gelled with 2 flashes and photo stacked.
View attachment 1675012

View attachment 1675011
Neat photos of your beautiful games.

We've had this deck of cards since 1997 when we retrieved it from my mother-in-law's house upon her death. We don't remember ever using them, as we don't play card games in our household. The last time we remember getting them out was when we took them for three young girls to play with on our trip to Yellowstone National Park in 2007. The youngest child, about 8 years old at the time, was very happy to realize that we brought the cards just for them but we don't remember that they ever played with them. So, this photo would be a better fit with a collective shoot about the games people don't play than the games people play. :ROFLMAO:

Apologies about the moire pattern in the stack on the left. It doesn't appear in the full-size image file; it's only in the downsized file created for display here.

Mike 2020-12-06--0001-S.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
It's been a wild weekend. Daughter was in hospital for most of yesterday (severe abdominal pain and throwing up, back at home now and doing better), so I had to go over to her apartment and watch little Theo for for a while...

He took the O from the J, O , Y brass letters that hold stockings, and was playing with pushing a toy ball through the O, playing a game of Quidditch (from Harry Potter movie reference - his room has tons of decorations from the movie).
2020_12_05_IMG_0609.jpg

Later, he was playing the game of connecting Duplo blocks together, and eventually knowing them down. He's in the construction stage...
2020_12_05_IMG_0613.jpg

Quick snaps with my iPhone, when I was there.

Of course, right after dinner last night, we lost power for 16 hours (came on 10am this morning). Now, my daughter and Theo are at our house, as her beau works for the local electrical utility company and all employees (regardless of job) are on storm duty due to the power outages. We're watching Theo, while she is resting.

I'm pretty tired from shoveling, and feeding the generator... I guess I was playing the game... staying warm. :)

It's been a wild weekend. Daughter was in hospital for most of yesterday (severe abdominal pain and throwing up, back at home now and doing better), so I had to go over to her apartment and watch little Theo for for a while...

He took the O from the J, O , Y brass letters that hold stockings, and was playing with pushing a toy ball through the O, playing a game of Quidditch (from Harry Potter movie reference - his room has tons of decorations from the movie).
View attachment 1675062

Later, he was playing the game of connecting Duplo blocks together, and eventually knowing them down. He's in the construction stage...
View attachment 1675063
Quick snaps with my iPhone, when I was there.

Of course, right after dinner last night, we lost power for 16 hours (came on 10am this morning). Now, my daughter and Theo are at our house, as her beau works for the local electrical utility company and all employees (regardless of job) are on storm duty due to the power outages. We're watching Theo, while she is resting.

I'm pretty tired from shoveling, and feeding the generator... I guess I was playing the game... staying warm. :)
Hang in there Paul!

He took the O from the J, O , Y brass letters that hold stockings, and was playing with pushing a toy ball through the O,

It's truly amazing to realize how such young children can make a game out of most anything. Well done. And special kudos for overcoming all the obstacles the weekend has thrown at you!

Almost makes me wanna have children. But only almost! :D

This is a game I don't know how to play, but my wife inherited a very nice set, so I guess I should learn it...

_JZ64845.jpg

This is a game I don't know how to play, but my wife inherited a very nice set, so I guess I should learn it..
Great game Backgammon ?
Here is a story for you guys. A long time ago we just missed the "open" hours on a border crossing from Greece to Turkey, there was a town just on the Turkey side and we wanted to get something to eat/drink. The border Captain wouldn't let us go until the next day when the border opened up again. He suggested a game of backgammon, if we won we got to go ... our man won and we went (true story)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom