CS #730 - Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow, garden, and what you can do with it. And outside :)
(sorry, mobile phone screenshots)

20210106_a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

20210106_b.jpg

20210106_c.jpg

We listen to a mot of CDs the childrem borrow from the library.

All my own CDs have been ripped to FLAC years ago. I still buy music as CD, no files, and these go into the PC drive quickly.

So convenient to browse the library digitally, from every room, with every device.

We listen to a mot of CDs the childrem borrow from the library.

All my own CDs have been ripped to FLAC years ago. I still buy music as CD, no files, and these go into the PC drive quickly.

So convenient to browse the library digitally, from every room, with every device.
I'm old school, very. 550 CDs, played 1 at a time. In one room. Background level—until the wife leaves, and then it's pant-flapping loud!

Real Name
Paul
I just did a pile of disks for my mom, using FLAC. Seems to work well. It was easy to do, as she is using a linux box I had set up, and I used the "abide" program.

I had to do it, as we have fewer and fewer CD players around the house, and my mom just got her first MacBook, and there is (obviously) no CD/DVD drive, so I'll be transferring these all over so she can play them.

A very nice looking stand.

Wow! 50+1 CDs noted on the player. I'm jealous. My ancient Sony 5 disk carousel finally died. When I open the drawer, it would immediately try to close, made all sorts of ruckus when playing, and would skip from disk to disk, even when in continuous play mode. I guess 30+ years is too much to ask. :)

For now, I have to listen to ripped versions of the disks that I have. I did that years ago, with meg format using 384 kbps sampling rate. Now, there is FLAC and other formats, but I'm not going through all my disks.

Not to pull off topic, but am considering a ripping service. Talk to me about formats via pct msg if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom