CS #731 - Negative Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Lyndee and Paul! I've had this @ symbol paperweight for years -- it lives on my computer workstation -- and every now and then I press it into service as a model in one way or another. Got to thinking this morning about how it could be effective in a shot featuring negative space, so went to work on it this afternoon!

Real Name
Phil
Lyndee this is a very difficult theme for me as I don't know much about it. Just trying and I am not sure it works.

Social distancing
S1000519a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Lyndee this is a very difficult theme for me as I don't know much about it. Just trying and I am not sure it works.

Social distancing
View attachment 1677137
Without question, Phil, this really has been a challenge, but I think you did it. Lots of minimal space surrounding the subject. And...you've got a most adorable socially distant subject, to boot! :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
So, I think today is Tuesday. I haven't had my coffee yet, so I'm not sure...:confused:

Some of you posted images which contained textural elements. Here's one that I took that contains different textures (the sidewalk and the wall surrounding the garage).

And now? Off to the kitchen...! :)

DSC_0180.jpg

Real Name
Andy
As others have mentioned, this has really been a CS that requires some thinking. Last night before dozing off, I noticed the way the light was playing on this model of a B747 that has been gathering dust on my armoire. Today, I tried to set up a more deliberate shadow with a single LED and a patch of almost-featureless wall space in my garage.
Negative_Space_20210112_10_484338_21A_9975.jpg

As others have mentioned, this has really been a CS that requires some thinking. Last night before dozing off, I noticed the way the light was playing on this model of a B747 that has been gathering dust on my armoire. Today, I tried to set up a more deliberate shadow with a single LED and a patch of almost-featureless wall space in my garage. View attachment 1677150
"STALL, STALL, STALL. . . ."

Sort of "negative space"..... somewhat textured. It isn't every day that one sees a goose walking on water!

Walking on Water.jpeg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
As others have mentioned, this has really been a CS that requires some thinking. Last night before dozing off, I noticed the way the light was playing on this model of a B747 that has been gathering dust on my armoire. Today, I tried to set up a more deliberate shadow with a single LED and a patch of almost-featureless wall space in my garage. View attachment 1677150
"Pull up; Terrain! Pull Up; Terrain!"

(I know...stop watching YouTube videos... :D)

Seriously though, to me, the plane and shadows highlight the negative space. Nice job, there!

Real Name
Andy
I stopped by Jupiter Inlet after sunset this evening in hopes of creating an image worthy of this week's theme. Certainly not the purest example of negative space, but my thinking was that the subject was light sources with their reflections and that there are two expanses of negative space: one being the smooth, darkened sky and the other is the textured and slightly darker water.
Lighthouse_20210112_18_284407_21A_0020.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I stopped by Jupiter Inlet after sunset this evening in hopes of creating an image worthy of this week's theme. Certainly not the purest example of negative space, but my thinking was that the subject was light sources with their reflections and that there are two expanses of negative space: one being the smooth, darkened sky and the other is the textured and slightly darker water.
View attachment 1677182
This is so beautiful and I see negative space both in the water and in the sky. And those colors - fabulous!!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen!

If you will pardon me while I do a wee bit of celebrating, I promise to return later today with an image that fits this weeks theme. In the meantime, carry on! :D

Birthday Girl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom