CS #731 - Negative Space

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Soooo...I tried. I really tried. And none of the shots I took worked out. I ended up doing a mass delete and came to the realization that there are several photographic skills that I need to improve upon. One of course, is the use of negative space. Composition and lighting are also on my list. As a result, there is no last day image from me (and I'm sure the birthday celebration had nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I truly want to thank you all for your contributions to this Collective Shoot. This CS was a real challenge, but it was a lot of fun, and I was happy to see so much participation. Also, thank you for the birthday greetings. Turninnnnng (wait...how old did I say I was...? :ROFLMAO:) another year older was great and I had a wonderful day.

Thanks again for participating and if you have any late images, feel free to post them! :D

Boy, do I know that feeling, Lyndee! I spent some time this afternoon shooting something (not for the CS) and when I reviewed the images in the computer, only a couple of them passed muster enough to even bother with trying to edit, and in the end, I tossed one of them aside, too, winding up with just one image for my efforts, so yeah....I can relate! It's frustrating when this happens but also is a good learning experience, as I keep telling myself.....

Soooo...I tried. I really tried. And none of the shots I took worked out. I ended up doing a mass delete and came to the realization that there are several photographic skills that I need to improve upon. One of course, is the use of negative space. Composition and lighting are also on my list. As a result, there is no last day image from me (and I'm sure the birthday celebration had nothing to do with it... :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I truly want to thank you all for your contributions to this Collective Shoot. This CS was a real challenge, but it was a lot of fun, and I was happy to see so much participation. Also, thank you for the birthday greetings. Turninnnnng (wait...how old did I say I was...? :ROFLMAO:) another year older was great and I had a wonderful day.

Thanks again for participating and if you have any late images, feel free to post them! :D
It was indeed a super challenging CS, taking me totally out of my comfort zone (which is a good thing).

I too will need to try to explore this technique (along with other techniques, like using flash units for more than just bounce flashing).

I couldn't think of a subject that would be interesting fro the CS today (and am still having some issues with my iMac and photo gallery website - when it rains it pours). But, it certainly will be something that I'll look to try to do a more of, intentionally, rather than by sheer luck.

It was fun to see the shots people had, and the discussion, as it is all new to me (I never took any art or photography classes).

Thanks for hosting!

Happy Monday, Everyone!

This was a really fast photo that I took a few minutes ago and I can see where the bottom spoon isn't as straight as I would like it to be. I also must learn how to properly light images as the lighting in my home is not adequate, especially at 6am. I do like how this turned out, however, and plan to re-do the image later.

I'll check in later! :)

View attachment 1677094
Scrolling down, at first I thought this was going to be a night sky shot!

Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen!

If you will pardon me while I do a wee bit of celebrating, I promise to return later today with an image that fits this weeks theme. In the meantime, carry on! :D

View attachment 1677188
Hey, my friend - Even though I whiffed in coming up with a snap to contribute to your excellent CS, I just wanted to say: Happy Birthday, Young Woman!

Your pal, Eric

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom