CS #732 - Faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one should be easy for folks to do (and maybe practice some of that negative space and other techniques at the same time :)).

The subject is "faces", which can be taken literally, figuratively, whatever. Can be one face or many faces.

Normal Collective Shoot guidelines apply...
  • Shots submitted should be taken from midnight Wednesday, January 13, to midnight Wednesday, Jan 20th.
  • Submit 1-3 pictures per post, post as many times as you want.
  • Unless doing some panoramas, try to keep the size reader friendly (1600 pixels on the long edge).
  • If folks mark their post as "Critique" feel free to give them "constructive" suggestions.
  • Keep things G-rated. As usual, play nice in the sandbox. :)
  • Have FUN!
Just for some simple literal examples from Christmas time that I dug up...

2020_12_25__DSC8014.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2020_12_25__DSC8015.jpg

2020_12_25__DSC8026.jpg

Everyone is so creative in this group, I'm sure there will be a lot of other kinds of "faces" presented... :);):confused::p:D:eek:o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO:🤡

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Awwww... I love your examples, Paul, and what an interesting challenge this will be, especially for me, since I am not a portrait person. Let me see what I can do with this. This will be a creative one for me, indeed! 🙂

Awwww... I love your examples, Paul, and what an interesting challenge this will be, especially for me, since I am not a portrait person. Let me see what I can do with this. This will be a creative one for me, indeed! 🙂
Thanks!

Yeah, people work on portrait shots, play with candids for family and friends, give a try at street photography, or capture some inanimate objects with some creative twists.

I've always been reluctant to take pictures of people, unless it is a social occasion, or with Theo to record him growing up. I've got a lot of things to work on, with trying to improve lighting and poses, even for candids.

I don't want to try any "formal" portraits, but I'd like to try to apply some of those techniques/ideas to candids I take. I looked at "Photographing Women" and "Photographing Men" books and there is quite a bit to make successful shots, IMHO. Granted they had very attractive subjects.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

I'm another who doesn't do photos of people, not all that fond of formal portraiture and although it's fun to shoot candids, probably in this increasingly paranoid world it's best (safest?) to only do that with people you know and who know you rather than aiming a lens at strangers..... Since I live alone, there's no one else (either human, furred, finned or feathered) readily available in the household to shoot, anyway. I may or may not luck out in capturing living faces / one or more faces of the local wildlife. Timing is everything in that situation! So no faces of people from me this round, other possibilities could or might not happen, but I do have an idea or two anyway!

Last edited:
"A face is any of the individual flat surfaces of a solid object."

For some reason prisms came to my mind...... Since they are highly reflective, this image may be a little confusing!

Faces 1.jpeg

Duck drake.JPG

Last edited:
Another one of Theo that I took today and forgot to post...
2021_01_14__DSC8126.jpg

Real Name
Andy
I'm going to try to post a photo per day of each member of my household, starting from the youngest. This is Brando the boxer/pug that we adopted last March. He's our pandemic pup.
1. Face (and feet)
Brando_21C_8496.jpg

2. Sleepy
Brando_21C_8486.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Speaking of twins...
My youngest and second youngest (by one minute), captured this morning during the break between remote learning classes. The time that would normally be spent rushing through the hallways has been replaced with a trip to the kitchen for breakfast.
3. Back to back
Connor_and_Sam_21C_8506.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom