CS #734 - Freestyle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our lunch today ... a nice baguette with aged basalmic and olive oil. Presented on a handmade cherry cutting board I finished this week.
View attachment 1678120
This was served while letting the glue dry on what will be one of three new floating shelves in our kitchen.
View attachment 1678121
(While watching an episode of "Home Town" on HGTV, I saw a sign in the back of Ben's workshop -- "You Can Never Have Too Many Clamps". This is true ... ;))

Cheers!!

Ken
Yummy! ....and beautiful cutting board.

Our lunch today ... a nice baguette with aged basalmic and olive oil. Presented on a handmade cherry cutting board I finished this week.
View attachment 1678120
This was served while letting the glue dry on what will be one of three new floating shelves in our kitchen.
View attachment 1678121
(While watching an episode of "Home Town" on HGTV, I saw a sign in the back of Ben's workshop -- "You Can Never Have Too Many Clamps". This is true ... ;))

Cheers!!

Ken
Dang, Ken, but that bread and dip looks delicious. Beautiful work on those shelves and, yep: I've run out of clamps in the past.:eek:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Ice, Ice, baby!
View attachment 1678122
There were a few ice fishermen out on the lake, one with a tent (heater, radio, dog, etc), and one with a little sled and about three of these fishing holes and lines out. Pretty cool. It has a line and a flag that pops up, when a fish is hooked.

View attachment 1678123
Back home, there was a bit of thawing, but it has been less than five degrees Fahrenheit overnight the past few days (three this morning). This is part of a wooden ramp by our shed.
The rain that we had over the weekend washed away all of our snow. I really do love looking at the stuff and if I didn't need to drive, wouldn't mind walking in it. Nice shots, Paul!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
View attachment 1678120
View attachment 1678121

Cheers!!

Ken
And fine clamps they are! :D

Also, that meal looks delicious. I didn't cook this weekend, so looking at your beautiful tray instantly made me hungry!

Man up tree. I was going to say "Man at work" but he seemed to be enjoying himself too much. We are unfortunately having to take down a few trees that have been hit by ash die-back. Big shame and there will be more to follow. Also - big bill! The only good thing about this is that there is no finer wood for the stove than ash. I hasten to add that all the little marks are not on the sensor! The men had a good size fire going off to the left, burning the small stuff.

50898819427_33d5665586_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Man up Tree by warth man, on Flickr

Another, in colour, so it's real.
50898844426_3fa9be9d97_b.jpg
Man up tree 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Last edited:
SNOW ANGEL
DSC_0003.jpg

Man up tree. I was going to say "Man at work" but he seemed to be enjoying himself too much. We are unfortunately having to take down a few trees that have been hit by ash die-back. Big shame and there will be more to follow. Also - big bill! The only good thing about this is that there is no finer wood for the stove than ash. I hasten to add that all the little marks are not on the sensor! The men had a good size fire going off to the left, burning the small stuff.

View attachment 1678170 Man up Tree by warth man, on Flickr

Another, in colour, so it's real.
View attachment 1678171 Man up tree 2 by warth man, on Flickr
Ahh, geez, Ron. It's sad to lose such majestic ones. Did they succumb to the Emerald Ash Borer, as so many trees over here have done?

Lots of excellent photos in this thread.

Here's a brief tribute to winter in the SW Virginia mountains.

1. View from bedroom window

_JZ65267.jpg

2. More Icicles

_Z504556.jpg

Ahh, geez, Ron. It's sad to lose such majestic ones. Did they succumb to the Emerald Ash Borer, as so many trees over here have done?

It's a fungus disease which arrived in Europe from Asia about 30 years ago and subsequently making its way into the UK. Although the native ash in Manchuria and China are little affected by it, the fungus is ripping through European ash. Estimates are that it will kill 80% of our ash trees in the UK. Some trees have developed resistance but it is going to have a tremendous long term effect. Mine are being hammered and I need to think about what to plant instead. Expensive business. Bang goes my Q2 Monochrom! Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom