CS #734 - Freestyle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept in today. When I woke up and looked out the window, the sky was so pretty!!
_DSC7043.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 2 and Man up Tree again! We had a mini-blizzard this morning but the guys turned up and turned to in the middle of it. Happily it fizzled out as quickly as it arrived and they were able to crack on in rain instead for most of the rest of the day. I'll have no quibbles with their bill.

50902420137_cf121f0ca3_h.jpg
Man up Tree 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Day 2 and Man up Tree again! We had a mini-blizzard this morning but the guys turned up and turned to in the middle of it. Happily it fizzled out as quickly as it arrived and they were able to crack on in rain instead for most of the rest of the day. I'll have no quibbles with their bill.

View attachment 1678210 Man up Tree 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Too bad about losing the trees, Ron. We had tree work done by climbers once, but last November we hired a guy with a very sophisticated basket lift. He was actually less expensive than the climbers.

Check it out.

Too bad about losing the trees, Ron. We had tree work done by climbers once, but last November we hired a guy with a very sophisticated basket lift. He was actually less expensive than the climbers.

Check it out.

That's a nice set of pics Jim. These guys use the basket lifts too but, apart from the two trees in my last shot, the affected ones were too far from a cherry-picker (as we call them) parking point.

I'm just really disappointed to be losing these really big trees, although the steep little valley they were in meant they probably weren't the best choice. I'm going to be looking at small to medium replacements I think but I'll take advice from the forestry folk. I do have a LOT of firewood though. Or at least I will have when I and perhaps/probably others have done a LOT of sawing and splitting. There's no denying, though, that it would have been a lot cheaper and easier to just buy in seasoned hardwood logs.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Man up tree. I was going to say "Man at work" but he seemed to be enjoying himself too much. We are unfortunately having to take down a few trees that have been hit by ash die-back. Big shame and there will be more to follow. Also - big bill! The only good thing about this is that there is no finer wood for the stove than ash. I hasten to add that all the little marks are not on the sensor! The men had a good size fire going off to the left, burning the small stuff.

View attachment 1678170 Man up Tree by warth man, on Flickr

Another, in colour, so it's real.
View attachment 1678171 Man up tree 2 by warth man, on Flickr
I love the tree images, especially the first one! I'm sorry that it has to come down; so sad...

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

View attachment 1678210 Man up Tree 3 by warth man, on Flickr
They look like they're making good progress. Still sad to see the tree go...

Real Name
Andy
I'm not too sure what my style is these days (at least in my personal work), so freestyle is actually a difficult assignment. I have been shooting a lot of birds in flight lately, but this afternoon, I waited and waited for this large feathered creature to take wing, but it never did!

Emu_21C_0934.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom