CS #737 - DOF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to enjoy my African Violets while they are blooming indoors. Looking forward to the growing season outdoors. Not taken with fast glass, but I think it still works.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Captured some new growth

The other day, in this CS, I shared a photo of Greg that I took with my new (to me) 85 f1.8 S lens. It is the only photo I have taken of a person with this lens so far. I was happy with the sharpness, but the mixed color lighting in the photo really bothered me. Since so many on the forum have been helping me with my B&W conversion, I decided to try my hand at this one. It's not a great background and the light was low. But the conversion really improved the image IMHO. Thanks to all of you who are helping me learn when and how to convert. So I hope sharing a better version in this CS is appropriate.

The other day, in this CS, I shared a photo of Greg that I took with my new (to me) 85 f1.8 S lens. It is the only photo I have taken of a person with this lens so far. I was happy with the sharpness, but the mixed color lighting in the photo really bothered me. Since so many on the forum have been helping me with my B&W conversion, I decided to try my hand at this one. It's not a great background and the light was low. But the conversion really improved the image IMHO. Thanks to all of you who are helping me learn when and how to convert. So I hope sharing a better version in this CS is appropriate.View attachment 1679248
BW always saves the day when the lighting or colors are confused. (y)

Real Name
Bill Walderman
The other day, in this CS, I shared a photo of Greg that I took with my new (to me) 85 f1.8 S lens. It is the only photo I have taken of a person with this lens so far. I was happy with the sharpness, but the mixed color lighting in the photo really bothered me. Since so many on the forum have been helping me with my B&W conversion, I decided to try my hand at this one. It's not a great background and the light was low. But the conversion really improved the image IMHO. Thanks to all of you who are helping me learn when and how to convert. So I hope sharing a better version in this CS is appropriate.View attachment 1679248
Frameable and wall-hangable as is, but why don't you try the square format on this?

Much improved! i like the B&W better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom