CS #738 - Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a most glorious day. The storm from yesterday cleared out and we took off to go snowshoeing in Grand Teton National Park. Before we got into the park we decided to see if we could find any bighorn sheep in the elk refuge. The sheep were there, but too far away for us to see well or photograph. As we headed back into town, I spotted this mountain that I thought might be a good candidate for black and white photography. The textures in the snow and sky were interesting. This conversion is definitely not reality, but I had fun trying to make it look dramatic. Below it are a couple from the hike up toward Taggart Lake. I like the color versions better from the hike, but am sharing the black and white in this shoot.

DSC_4232-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_4240-Edit 2.jpg
DSC_4248-Edit-Edit.jpg

We had a most glorious day. The storm from yesterday cleared out and we took off to go snowshoeing in Grand Teton National Park. Before we got into the park we decided to see if we could find any bighorn sheep in the elk refuge. The sheep were there, but too far away for us to see well or photograph. As we headed back into town, I spotted this mountain that I thought might be a good candidate for black and white photography. The textures in the snow and sky were interesting. This conversion is definitely not reality, but I had fun trying to make it look dramatic. Below it are a couple from the hike up toward Taggart Lake. I like the color versions better from the hike, but am sharing the black and white in this shoot.

View attachment 1679571

View attachment 1679572 View attachment 1679573

You may not always be fond of the snow Terri but you make the most of it. Nicely done.

One reason "Eigernordwand" is so well known and subject to so many great stories and dramas about alpine climbing is its easy accessibility. One can practically walk and touch it, it's so close, so familiar, yet so deadly in the wrong conditions.

Z07_2365~01.jpg

Sorry for the dirty sensor.

One reason "Eigernordwand" is so well known and subject to so many great stories and dramas about alpine climbing is its easy accessibility. One can practically walk and touch it, it's so close, so familiar, yet so deadly in the wrong conditions.

View attachment 1679578

Sorry for the dirty sensor.
Love the details in the building. Nice use of black and white.

_DSC7648-Edit.jpg

_DSC7589-Edit.jpg

We have only attended basketball games of our grandkids virtually this winter. Yesterday was my granddaughter's last game at a gym that is about 5 minutes from our home. My daughter called and said that there were hardly any people there and we could safely socially distance. So I grabbed my camera, which had an 85 f1.8mm lens on it and quickly went to watch the part of the game that was remaining. The lighting was mixed and horrible. So I thought these might be better converted to B&W. I also messed up on the shutter speed. I had it too slow. Not my finest photography experience. But hopefully came away with a couple of photos my granddaughter will like.

View attachment 1679579

View attachment 1679580

We have only attended basketball games of our grandkids virtually this winter. Yesterday was my granddaughter's last game at a gym that is about 5 minutes from our home. My daughter called and said that there were hardly any people there and we could safely socially distance. So I grabbed my camera, which had an 85 f1.8mm lens on it and quickly went to watch the part of the game that was remaining. The lighting was mixed and horrible. So I thought these might be better converted to B&W. I also messed up on the shutter speed. I had it too slow. Not my finest photography experience. But hopefully came away with a couple of photos my granddaughter will like.

You did well under the circumstances. Clearly B&W was a good choice here.

Quite a disparity in sizes among those girls!

Dreary late winter day on the forest road where I do my daily walk...

_Z504603_Nik.jpg

_Z504606_Nik.jpg

You did well under the circumstances. Clearly B&W was a good choice here.

Quite a disparity in sizes among those girls!
Yes, the different growth rates are interesting. Also, the opposing team had younger girls. They opted to play up to a higher level to give the girls tougher experience. (I'm not so sure that is a good idea.....)

Real Name
Mike
Pool refinishing plasterer
spread plasterer3.JPG

Mixing plaster
dust front3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom