CS #739 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decoration...
cs_739__DSC8344.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

March...
cs_739__DSC8342.jpg

My mom's perpetual calendar.. Shows March 3rd, obviously, and all the multiples of three in the month.

On March 27th (three cubed), is my brother Tom's birthday.

On March 9th (three squared) is my daughter's birthday, where she will be celebrating her third anniversary of her 29th birthday. :)

Duplo Blocks...
View attachment 1679932
Theo was here today, while my daughter was helping us paint rooms, so obviously, the Duplo blocks and Play Doh was out. I found some that he was playing with and stages a few shots.

View attachment 1679933
Three post blue pieces, three purple and three red pieces (and tons of other blocks spread about the Family Room. :)
Oh we're lucky the Duplos stay in hus own room, mostly. Enough of other stuff in ghe livingroom. The beforementioned bomb...
I remember those, Paul. I also remember encountering them on the floor with bare feet!:D
Oh there's much more pointed stuff to come...
3 things I need to do today

View attachment 1679934
Wish ya good success ;)
I like the way you think, West!;)
👍
Being retired, thinking small is my modus operandi.
You used to work through 3 sixpacks? Don't hope so...

Hot, Hotter and "Hotterer".

View attachment 1679935
Oh yes, this is a good 3. I like hot stuff. Not 'hot' as in 'hotter', bit as in 'hotterer' at least. I do 't like it when food is sold as 'hot', but in fact, it's just barely not'tasteless'... ;)
Ghost peppers have ca. 1,000,000 Scoville units and need to be used with great discretion!
My league (y)
Foggy and rainy outside, so a few quick ones at home.
View attachment 1679943

View attachment 1679944

View attachment 1679945
3 images, 3 3s, I like the owls the most. As I like owls, as your wife does.

Compositionally thinking, have you tried to crop off just a little from the right edge? Or take the shot framed more to the left? As all 3 are looking to the left, this might work, giving them room to stare to.
Nothing much to contribute today. We tried to go snowshoeing but it is 50 degrees and windy here and the mountains were just as warm. It was a slushy, wet, icy, and ugly mess. So we opted to turn around and come home. March in Idaho is the ugliest month of the year. But watching the snow melt makes me happy.

I have always liked this candle holder and it's 3 candles.

View attachment 1679937

This little cupboard with its 3 drawers is cute. View attachment 1679939
Great decorative items. My problem is I like such things, but we run out of room to store - yet present - every lovely thing I am drawn to buying...
Here's one I thought about this morning ... a view of a recently completed cabinet and shelf install in our family room.

Let's see ... we have three shelves, three drawers, three mementos from my USAF days (2 missiles and one tankard), a grouping of three knick knacks, three of our son's Rubic's puzzles with one of them being a cube with three's everywhere, and it was taken at 5:37 pm today!!
View attachment 1679950
Cheers!!

Ken
Great shot of many 3s and informative description of the items. What is that round puzzle thingy?

The traditional rubic's cube is a winner, no question about that! 3 x 3 x 3 = 3³ = über-1337= y0u roxxor... :notworthy:
How much glue? ;)

Another great deco item, more candles to light?
March...
View attachment 1679987
My mom's perpetual calendar.. Shows March 3rd, obviously, and all the multiples of three in the month.

On March 9th (three squared) is my daughter's birthday, where she will be celebrating her third anniversary of her 29th birthday. :)
That's another great combo-3 post ;) 3¹, 3², 3³ (oh, and 3⁰ too of course ;) )

Took the mountain bike out for an hour or so this afternoon along an irrigation canal. Here's an iPhone snap of 3 in the "Fibonacci" language.

Fibonacci 3.jpg

March...
View attachment 1679987

Next you'll probably tell us that triplets run in your family!;)

Real Name
Ken St John
Oh yes, this is a good 3. I like hot stuff. Not 'hot' as in 'hotter', bit as in 'hotterer' at least. I do 't like it when food is sold as 'hot', but in fact, it's just barely not'tasteless'... ;)
My league (y)
3 images, 3 3s, I like the owls the most. As I like owls, as your wife does.

Compositionally thinking, have you tried to crop off just a little from the right edge? Or take the shot framed more to the left? As all 3 are looking to the left, this might work, giving them room to stare to.
Great decorative items. My problem is I like such things, but we run out of room to store - yet present - every lovely thing I am drawn to buying...
Great shot of many 3s and informative description of the items. What is that round puzzle thingy?

The traditional rubic's cube is a winner, no question about that! 3 x 3 x 3 = 3³ = über-1337= y0u roxxor... :notworthy:
How much glue? ;)

The round thing is a variation on a Rubic's cube puzzle. I have NO IDEA how to make it work!! :p

Ken

Third Anniversary...
2021_03_09__DSC8418.jpg

Today, 3/9, is my daughter Kayla's third anniversary of her 29th birthday. Theo didn't know what to make of the flaming swirly circular structure, but quickly changed his mind, once he tasted the frosting on a candle. :)

2021_03_09__DSC8420.jpg

My mom gave Kayla a piggy bank full of change (my wife actually made the bank many years ago for my mom, and now it is being passed on). Kayla asked my mom if she was saying something with the "pig" and then sat back and smiled, while my mom, embarrassed, was trying to explain that it was just a piggy bank.

Third Anniversary...
View attachment 1680113
Today, 3/9, is my daughter Kayla's third anniversary of her 29th birthday. Theo didn't know what to make of the flaming swirly circular structure, but quickly changed his mind, once he tasted the frosting on a candle. :)

View attachment 1680114
My mom gave Kayla a piggy bank full of change (my wife actually made the bank many years ago for my mom, and now it is being passed on). Kayla asked my mom if she was saying something with the "pig" and then sat back and smiled, while my mom, embarrassed, was trying to explain that it was just a piggy bank.
Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom