CS #739 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compose, create, plan and execute, draw, lay out ... around

Sample images yet to be shot - self explanatory, I think. Reason for "3"? What came to my mind. Cheap. Luca's 3rd B'day, tomorrow.

Hey, odd numbers (of things) are said to be easier to compose with...

Real Name
Mike
Compose, create, plan and execute, draw, lay out ... around

Sample images yet to be shot - self explanatory, I think. Reason for "3"? What came to my mind. Cheap. Luca's 3rd B'day, tomorrow.

Hey, odd numbers (of things) are said to be easier to compose with...
Are you referring to a photo w/ 3 elements in it?

I am thinking of the number as such, and what comes to YOUR mind when hearing, reading, "3". Has this little number a meaning for you? Show us why. If not, that's OK also, of course, and you may find a subject that makes the viewer think "3". Or you picture the number a such, written on a road sign, track number... that will of course viewers make "3" read out 'loud' in their minds.

A different 'solution' to the task, equally welcome, are images containing 3 (major) elements, be these different, or 3 of a kind. Or things that usually come in groups of 3. Spoon fork knife? A group of 3 trees?

That is what I, myself, most likely will try to shoot. 3 elements. Composing the image around (these) 3 things. Find an image layout that is pleasing to the eye.

But, as said, I at least keep it open if I find something else related to 3. Want to shoot your 3rd university degree? 3rd wife? 3rd car? All 3 cars? Just a selection if 3 of all your bikes? ... ;) Share the story.

Background was that I realized nobody had started a new theme yet, and this "3" was what came to my mind. We're in the 3rd month I realize right now... ;)

I think we've had 'number topics' before. If we declare it too unclear, I am open to forfeit this.

Last edited:
I am thinking of the number as such, and what comes to YOUR mind when hearing, reading, "3". Has this little number a meaning for you? Show us why. If not, that's OK also, of course, and you may find a subject that makes the viewer think "3". Or you picture the number a such, written on a road sign, track number... that will of course viewers make "3" read out 'loud' in their minds.

A different 'solution' to the task, equally welcome, are images containing 3 (major) elements, be these different, or 3 of a kind. Or things that usually come in groups of 3. Spoon fork knife? A group of 3 trees?

That is what I, myself, most likely will try to shoot. 3 elements. Composing the image around (these) 3 things. Find an image layout that is pleasing to the eye.

But, as said, I at least keep it open if I find something else related to 3. Want to shoot your 3rd university degree? 3rd wife? 3rd car? All 3 cars? Just a selection if 3 of all your bikes? ... ;) Share the story.

Background was that I realized nobody had started a new theme yet, and this "3" was what came to my mind. We're in the 3rd month I realize right now... ;)

I think we've had 'number topics' before. If we declare it too unclear, I am open to forfeit this.
Thank you for you explanation. Seems clear to me, now.

As it happens, I just shot this today: three times two:
Three Times Two.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Thanks, Roland, for stepping up to host this CS. Had I been able to use the obvious theme subject shown below when shooting, this snap surely would have been much less "rough around the edges" as we say over here. Nonetheless, here goes:

Three.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As it happens, I just shot this today: three times two:
View attachment 1679861
Thank you for getting this started with an actual image ;)
3 couples, 3 groups of 2. These are not sold in an odd number?

Is the glow effect around the tulios - best seen on the left most one out of DoF - a lens effect, or achieved in post-processing?
When I was at the grocery store the other day these guys just called out to me, asking me to take them home with me.....and how could I resist?!
Glad you could not resist.

Thank you for getting this started with an actual image ;)
3 couples, 3 groups of 2. These are not sold in an odd number?

Is the glow effect around the tulios - best seen on the left most one out of DoF - a lens effect, or achieved in post-processing?

Glad you could not resist.

Thank you, Roland! Actually the full bunch of tulips included ten of them, but flower arranging is not exactly at the top of my skillset and the vase I had was too large for a nice arrangement of all ten of them, so I decided to just play around with different groupings. In one instance the tulip was bruised and another had a really droopy leaf so I eliminated them from consideration, leaving me with eight, and then I played around some more and somehow wound up with the two groups of three!

I'm not sure what is causing that halo/glow effect around them, especially that one at far left -- could be a lens effect as I was shooting with a single light source: bright sun coming through the window, or it could be something that occurred while I was editing the image, but it wasn't something I did intentionally. Possibly I over sharpened the overall image in my zeal to make sure the primary tulip at the left front was sharp? I was using the 35mm f/1.8 lens for this, too, rather than my beloved 90mm macro. I also probably could have done a better job with the exposure, as the background actually was a white Replica Surfaces board but as you see, came out a rather soft grey. The "studio" was the top of my dresser in the master bedroom and I had the window at my right while I was sitting on top of the dresser, getting up close and personal with my subjects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom