CS #739 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, today, we had a busy day. Enjoying a simplyfied 'holiday flat birthday' with our youngest, packing up to get home, still going outdoors (Mayla didn't go to ski school, as we were about to leave), ... Luca wanted to go for a gondola ride.

Terrible weather, we went anyway and it was great fun. Shoveling snow with paper coffee 'mugs' on top of a mountain with zero sight in fog and snow... no restaurant, all coviclosed.

Prepared - and the lame reason I came up with "3" yesterday...

Z07_2679~01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ain't he big?
(looks so tiny here)

Z07_2690~01.jpg

Triple Love
(this is good weather outside. Uphill, you could hardly see 15m)

20210305_123647~01~01.jpg

After that, we cleaned the flat, got in the before packed car and drove home (about 2:20), detour because of a closed tunnel (truck in fire...)

I'll be more in a photo mode from tomorrow on...

So, today, we had a busy day. Enjoying a simplyfied 'holiday flat birthday' with our youngest, packing up to get home, still going outdoors (Mayla didn't go to ski school, as we were about to leave), ... Luca wanted to go for a gondola ride.

Terrible weather, we went anyway and it was great fun. Shoveling snow with paper coffee 'mugs' on top of a mountain with zero sight in fog and snow... no restaurant, all coviclosed.

View attachment 1679887

Ain't he big?
(looks so tiny here)

View attachment 1679888

Triple Love

View attachment 1679889

After that, we cleaned the flat, got in the before packed car and drove home (about 2:20), detour because of a closed tunnel (truck in fire...)

Three is such a cute age!!

I utilized skills we have been working on in the past three collective shoots....shallow dof, black and white, and composing three items.

Bottles found in Redfish Lake by Greg when he was snorkeling.

_DSC7890-Edit.jpg

Today was the first day that flowers started blooming on our tree! Most of the tree hadn't bloomed yet, but there was enough to make the bees happy!
3 flowers-5829-3.jpg

I really don't like this photo, so I will probably remove it from my system. I've never displayed a photo that I plan on deleting, but it's the third photo I made yesterday of this vase. This thread indicates that that fact alone offers at least some redeeming value :D , but it's not redeeming enough for me. :eek: (I plan on making a couple more photos of the vase.)

Mike 2021-03-05--0005-S.jpg

Photo of the Setup
The basic principles of the setup are fine in that the setup does everything I wanted it to do; it's everything that followed in the process of making the image that I dislike.

The tabletop is transparent glass. It may not be evident that a lamp underneath the tabletop lit the purple paper and subject from below.
Mike 2021-03-05--0007-S.jpg

Real Name
Bill Walderman
_WJW0484.jpg

_WJW0485.jpg

_WJW0496.jpg

View attachment 1679887

Ain't he big?
(looks so tiny here)

View attachment 1679888

Triple Love

View attachment 1679889

There will be more birthday candles on display "in the blink of an eye" - he's off to a great start.

Is that perhaps a dogwood tree? I grew up with them, but haven't seen one in ages. Nice shooting with a Spring theme.
Thanks, Eric! Actually, I really don't know on that. We've lived here almost 4 years, and it was a mature tree when we got here. It sure does bloom with pretty flowers in the spring, though.

Edit: We got curious and looked it up. It's a cherry tree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom