CS #740 - Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not have the patience to be a bird photographer. But I wanted to participate in the shoot, so here is my humble offering. By the way, I have loved all the great submissions this week. There is a lot of talent in this group. I think I'll stick with kids, flowers, and landscapes. I'll just enjoy all your bird photos.

The robins have returned.
_DSC1476.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There is always a lot of bird drama with the magpies that hang around. Here six of them were ganging up on a hawk in our tree. I tried to get closer, but they all flew off.

DSC_4814.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill
I do not have the patience to be a bird photographer. But I wanted to participate in the shoot, so here is my humble offering. By the way, I have loved all the great submissions this week. There is a lot of talent in this group. I think I'll stick with kids, flowers, and landscapes. I'll just enjoy all your bird photos.

View attachment 1680616

There is always a lot of bird drama with the magpies that hang around. Here six of them were ganging up on a hawk in our tree. I tried to get closer, but they all flew off.

View attachment 1680617
Our Robin's haven't shown up yet.

Interesting Hawk picture Terri.

I was passing the canal earlier this morning so stopped to see what might be around. Answer - swans! This pair was going through all their loving rituals.

View attachment 1680564 Swan by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1680565 Synchronised Bubble-Blowing by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1680566 It must be Spring by warth man, on Flickr
Such symmetry and contrast!

Thanks Andy. I was lucky - all this was going on just a few feet away. I had never seen the bubble-blowing before. I have lots more of them "dancing" together.

View attachment 1680616

View attachment 1680617
Based on that kinda *C*urved tail on the hawk, I'd guess that it might be a young*C*ooper's? *S*harp-shinned hawks have a *S*traighter tail although it is usually difficult to distinguish between the two - especially at distance.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you my friends for participating this week.

Someone got an idea for the oncoming CS?
Otherwise I'll start one in the afternoon.

Kind regards
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom