CS #742 - Porcelain

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
To Keep close to the CS before, I only like to Change the material.

Sorry I couldn't find my example yesterday evening, but I'll shoot it today.

Enjoy
Klaus

Cup and saucer. Royal Paragon hand painted fine bone china, England. "A Country Lane in Somerset". I found this quite a difficult subject, perhaps because of the depth of the cup, and even now I realise that the saucer could have been turned slightly.

51074716668_d0b8b32f30_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Royal Paragon by warth man, on Flickr

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Cup and saucer. Royal Paragon hand painted fine bone china, England. "A Country Lane in Somerset". I found this quite a difficult subject, perhaps because of the depth of the cup, and even now I realise that the saucer could have been turned slightly.

View attachment 1681117 Royal Paragon by warth man, on Flickr
Ron, you're showing wonderful examples.

Well photographed
Klaus

My wife and I received this as a wedding gift in 1968. We never used it but we still have it.

HAL_4362_DxO.jpg

Real Name
Phil
It's probably off-topic. Well, there were some porcelains on the table, but they were not the main theme.

I suppose bone china is also considered as porcelain? Yesterday was our Bone China(36th) Anniversary and we had dinner in a fine restaurant, something we seldom during the pandemic.
IMG_0765.jpg

It's probably off-topic. Well, there were some porcelains on the table, but they were not the main theme.

I suppose bone china is also considered as porcelain? Yesterday was our Bone China(36th) Anniversary and we had dinner in a fine restaurant, something we seldom during the pandemic.
View attachment 1681210
Happy Anniversary! Your wife is so pretty!

Real Name
Phil
Happy Anniversary! Your wife is so pretty!
Thank you Terri.
Happy 36th Anniversary, and that looks as though you were in a lovely restaurant where you had some wonderful food! What ever that is on those plates looks delicious!
Thank you Connie. My dessert was a cheesecake and wifey was having a pear tart. There was also a chocolate cake, compliment from the restaurant.

View attachment 1681210
So *lovely* to see you, Phil, along with your beautiful wife! Thank you, my long-time friend, and Happy Anniversary! Now, I'll need to try to dig out something to contribute to this CS . . .

I
478A6E85-6E76-4605-90CE-186958E89C40.jpeg
think this is a porcelain bowl. My mother left Germany in 1932. She started collecting glass stuff in the early 50's. Most of her stuff is marked Royal Bayreuth, I recall her heading off to Germany every year in the 50's to visit relatives and bring back glass stuff she liked. She died and left me boxes of this stuff. We were sorting thru boxes of old clothes to donate and found a box of her glass stuff. I took a couple of bowls out of the box and took photos of them.

View attachment 1681210

Congratulations Phil. Is that Shangri-La Petrus? Very nice anyway.

My wife inherited two complete sets of Haviland china from her grandparents. This is a serving dish from one of those sets.

Stack2.jpg

Stack3.jpg

Nice Haviland Jim, - French or American? I have my Grandmother's French Haviland, which she dearly loved. I was able to buy an extra serving bowl recently from Replacements. I use all my 'fancy' China on a regular basis - washing it makes it a less brittle and it still sets a beautiful table.

Nice Haviland Jim, - French or American? I have my Grandmother's French Haviland, which she dearly loved. I was able to buy an extra serving bowl recently from Replacements. I use all my 'fancy' China on a regular basis - washing it makes it a less brittle and it still sets a beautiful table.

I'll have to ask Mrs. T. when she returns in a little while. We very, very, rarely use this stuff...only very special occasions, like Christmas or Thanksgiving when we have (adult) guests.

Last edited:
This is a rather unusual item from the same set. I think it's a sugar dish. What is unusual is that it is a single piece.

Stack4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom