CS #743 - People

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Phil
Easter holiday, warmer weather, single-digit infections, we are seeing more people doing various activities on the harbour front boardwalk while maintaining a comfortable distance.

M1000231.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M1000232a.jpg

Yesterday I shared a post about a stray cat with kittens in a woodpile on the back of our property. The mother cat was not wild and let me move her and her kittens into a pet carrier. I took them to a Cat Rescue. But before I took them there I had to take them for my grandchildren to see. These photos were taken in a dark garage. The kids were so gentle and loved seeing the kittens. I'm trying to talk Greg into letting me adopt one of the kittens or even the mother when they are weaned and are ready. PS....I'm loving the 85 f1.8 Z lens.

_DSC8823.jpg
_DSC8834.jpg
_DSC8830.jpg

Yesterday I shared a post about a stray cat with kittens in a woodpile on the back of our property. The mother cat was not wild and let me move her and her kittens into a pet carrier. I took them to a Cat Rescue. But before I took them there I had to take them for my grandchildren to see. These photos were taken in a dark garage. The kids were so gentle and loved seeing the kittens. I'm trying to talk Greg into letting me adopt one of the kittens or even the mother when they are weaned and are ready. PS....I'm loving the 85 f1.8 Z lens.

View attachment 1681758 View attachment 1681759 View attachment 1681760
Wonderful set Terri!

Real Name
Phil

View attachment 1681758 View attachment 1681759 View attachment 1681760
Beautiful set!

Adopt them all!

Real Name
Andy
Inseparable Besties
Sydney_and_Ashley_21C_2531.jpg

Sydney_and_Ashley_21C_2533.jpg

Real Name
Andy
Two from the beach this morning:
1. Fishermen
Juno_Beach_21D_4146.jpg

2. Shell Collector
Juno_Beach_21D_4159.jpg

Yesterday, my wife and I joined another couple to hike the trail up Sharp Top Mountain in Bedford County. It's a pretty rugged climb, gaining 1300 feet in about 1.5 miles.

_Z504986.jpg

Sharp Top is one of a pair of mountains side-by-side on the Blue Ridge Parkway called the Peaks of Otter. The other is called Flat Top Mountain. We climbed that one about three years ago, but this was our first time to do Sharp Top.

These two mountains are a distinctive feature of the landscape throughout a good part of SW Virginia.

Last edited:
There were quite a few other hikers on the trail, who accumulated at the top where there is a spectacular view.

_Z505009.jpg

The long ridge in the background is the Blue Ridge. Close examination will reveal the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Last edited:
Yesterday, my wife and I joined another couple to hike the trail up Sharp Top Mountain in Bedford County. It's a pretty rugged climb, gaining 1300 feet in about 1.5 miles.

Sharp Top is one of a pair of mountains side-by-side on the Blue Ridge Parkway called the Peaks of Otter. The other is called Flat Top Mountain. We climbed that one about three years ago, but this was our first time to do Sharp Top.

These two mountains are a distinctive feature of the landscape throughout a good part of SW Virginia.
Wow, that is a steep climb! The people really add scale to the shot. I bet this will be so pretty in a few weeks when all the vegetation is green! You'll have to go back and get a before and after shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom