CS #746 - Purple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen this color for a CS yet, so thought I'd offer it up. Not my favorite color, but it is my mom's, so....

Show pictures of purple (or any variations - lavender, violet, etc.). If you get stuck, you can always shoot something with red and blue...

Standard Collective Shoot rules...
  • Pictures taken from now until Wednesday midnight in your local time.
  • Post as often as you want, with three shots or less per post.
  • Try to keep shots 1600 pixels or less on the longest edge.
  • Have fun!
Will post an example later...

Chocolate
2020_12_07__DSC7936.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Theo with his (Harry Potter) Dumbledor shirt.

Ice Castle
ice-castle-0259.jpg

Flower
untitled-1688.jpg

Somewhat on the pink side...

Thank you for hosting, Paul.

I haven't been very active here, lately, but I promise I'll try to get back into taking more photos, again. We had a hard time that kept me busy. Looking forward to 'click' again.
Hope things are getting back to normal for you so you can have some fun in the CS! I miss seeing your shots!

First day of purple, I shot at home. With spring arriving, we need the decoration game going, again.

Inside, taken with better light, but I don't like the composition:

Z07_2839~01.jpg

... so I tried again, later, where the purple has almost vanished:

Z07_2844~01.jpg

... and outdoors. With a little help from the temperatures...

Z07_2841~01.jpg

Hope things are getting back to normal for you so you can have some fun in the CS! I miss seeing your shots!

Missing is a point...

Maybe some of you lovely people here remember this post, once re-reading it:
https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/cs-705-growing.323209/post-4100843

May dad did get along very well with chemo, was happy, felt well. No suffering from the therapy, no pain, he often drove over to play with the kids and could enjoy the time he had.

His cancer hasn't gotten worse, which we are thankful for, given all the suffering this could have meant. But then, he suffered from an infection he might have got from his kidney catether, during the last days of march. On April 2nd, Good Friday, he was not able to get up, not even to move his legs, and then not his arms on the 3rd. He had developed the terrible Guillain-Barre syndrome, and given his bad health, they told us they could not do anything should that reach his respiration. After a week, getting worse, that was the case. My father, loved "Nonno" of our little ones, passed away on Sat. 10th. We all met him at the hospital, as there are less strict corona regulations in the palliative care centre's rooms. He was able to see his grandkids and say goodbye, even though he could hardly speak. Tomorrow will be the funeral service.

With my mother in a residential-care-home for people with far proceeded dementia, the last weeks had been very busy for me. Dealing with authorities, as I want to be her succor, despite the possible conflicts of interests regarding the upconing distribution of an estate... we want to rule this things out on our own, me and my brother...

Missing is a point...

Maybe some of you lovely people here remember this post, once re-reading it:
https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/cs-705-growing.323209/post-4100843

May dad did get along very well with chemo, was happy, felt well. No suffering from the therapy, no pain, he often drove over to play with the kids and could enjoy the time he had.

His cancer hasn't gotten worse, which we are thankful for, given all the suffering this could have meant. But then, he suffered from an infection he might have got from his kidney catether, during the last days of march. On April 2nd, Good Friday, he was not able to get up, not even to move his legs, and then not his arms on the 3rd. He had developed the terrible Guillain-Barre syndrome, and given his bad health, they told us they could not do anything should that reach his respiration. After a week, getting worse, that was the case. My father, loved "Nonno" of our little ones, passed away on Sat. 10th. We all met him at the hospital, as there are less strict corona regulations in the palliative care centre's rooms. He was able to see his grandkids and say goodbye, even though he could hardly speak. Tomorrow will be the funeral service.

With my mother in a residential-care-home for people with far proceeded dementia, the last weeks had been very busy for me. Dealing with authorities, as I want to be her succor, despite the possible conflicts of interests regarding the upconing distribution of an estate... we want to rule this things out on our own, me and my brother...
Ah I do recall that post now. So sad to hear of your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Hopefully there was some closure for everyone, being able to see him, but it's always a tough thing to go through.

Wishing you the best in the coming weeks, sorting things all out.

With all this new free time on my hands, I thought to study the masters and try my hand at portrait painting :D
_DSC1989.JPG

I have four varieties of African Violets growing in my house. This is the last one to bloom this year.
DSC_5875-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom