CS #746 - Purple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Globe
cs_746__DSC8698.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hanging in our three season porch.

Back when my mom did quite a bit of sewing, and being a depression era person, she would occasionally make thing with scraps and leftovers. Here, a small quilted lap blanket she made. Not the most attractive, but very functional...
cs_746__DSC8696.jpg

This wild plant is called Purple Dead Nettle, though I agree that this particular sample isn't that purple

_Z505283.jpg

Supposedly, it is edible and has all sorts of health benefits.

We visited the tulip festival at Thankgiving Point Gardens in Lehi, Utah yesterday. This purple flower really caught my eye. My six year old grandson was leading our group and I practically had to run to keep up with him, so all my shots from the outing were caught on the run.

View attachment 1682637

Interesting flower, Terri. Mrs. T. says it's a Fritillaria Persica. It is native to Turkey, not the U.S.

While I was reviewing images to put up for my Week 16 52-Week Project, I was reminded of the Purple theme for this CS; unfortunately the couple of purple flower images I had shot for that project were taken earlier in the week so not eligible for this CS, so that prompted me to get busy and find something else purple to shoot!

Shades of Pink, Lavendar, Blue, Purple.jpeg

Curving Around.jpeg

While I was reviewing images to put up for my Week 16 52-Week Project, I was reminded of the Purple theme for this CS; unfortunately the couple of purple flower images I had shot for that project were taken earlier in the week so not eligible for this CS, so that prompted me to get busy and find something else purple to shoot!

View attachment 1682726

View attachment 1682727
Cool slinky shots!

As flowers are somewhat easy...

Z07_2869~01.jpg

... I'll have to find something different. That is a game, back there in the left upper corner, and a self made game in front - including wooden pawns. Work in progress by our girl...

Z07_2909.JPG

View attachment 1682726

View attachment 1682727
You always come up with something clever and creative!! I love these!

More photos with purple in them from the Tulip Festival.
DSC_5913-Edit.jpg
DSC_5929-Edit.jpg
DSC_5947.jpg

The Bachelor Buttons are pretty happy this year.

_DSC0734.jpg

_DSC0742.jpg

_DSC0735.jpg

Missing is a point...

Maybe some of you lovely people here remember this post, once re-reading it:
https://www.nikoncafe.com/threads/cs-705-growing.323209/post-4100843

May dad did get along very well with chemo, was happy, felt well. No suffering from the therapy, no pain, he often drove over to play with the kids and could enjoy the time he had.

His cancer hasn't gotten worse, which we are thankful for, given all the suffering this could have meant. But then, he suffered from an infection he might have got from his kidney catether, during the last days of march. On April 2nd, Good Friday, he was not able to get up, not even to move his legs, and then not his arms on the 3rd. He had developed the terrible Guillain-Barre syndrome, and given his bad health, they told us they could not do anything should that reach his respiration. After a week, getting worse, that was the case. My father, loved "Nonno" of our little ones, passed away on Sat. 10th. We all met him at the hospital, as there are less strict corona regulations in the palliative care centre's rooms. He was able to see his grandkids and say goodbye, even though he could hardly speak. Tomorrow will be the funeral service.

With my mother in a residential-care-home for people with far proceeded dementia, the last weeks had been very busy for me. Dealing with authorities, as I want to be her succor, despite the possible conflicts of interests regarding the upconing distribution of an estate... we want to rule this things out on our own, me and my brother...
So sorry to hear this. I hope happier times are coming to you soon.

This morning when opening the blinds I spotted the perfect subject for this Purple CS! One of my neighbors has a psychedelic purple Smart car -- cutest little thing! Feelin' groovy.....

Pyschedelic Purple.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom