CS #747 - Corners of the garden

No other takers so far so my proposal for the week is for you to show us more intimate or selected parts of your garden/outside space/house plants. Not the wide vistas. Usual rules - take pics from now until midnight next Wednesday, your time; post three at a time, but there is no limit on the number of posts you make; and enjoy yourself.

Some examples:

View attachment 1682927 Cherry Blossom by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1682928 Woodland by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1682929 Clematis House by warth man, on Flickr
Thanks, Ron, for hosting yet again. Your 1st above is beautiful.

The first snap below isn't from a corner, but rather from an edge of a planter out front. I don't know what it is, but I like it.

And - I hope that the 2nd doesn't get disqualified because it is the same Salvia that I shot for the last CS.;)

Not a corner.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Same subject.jpg

Having a one acre yard is always a lot of work. Greg does his best to keep the corners of our garden looking nice. He is working on getting the sprinkler system going for the summer. Two zones didn't work this spring, but he has figured out the problem!! I actually used the D610 today. It hasn't seen much use in the past two years. PS. The old cedar border to our flowerbed that looks so rough will be replaced this summer.
_DSC1503.jpg

The first snap below isn't from a corner, but rather from an edge of a planter out front. I don't know what it is, but I like it.

And - I hope that the 2nd doesn't get disqualified because it is the same Salvia that I shot for the last CS.;)

View attachment 1682989

View attachment 1682991

The first one is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for Eric. I believe strongly that every garden, large or small, immaculate or like mine, will have small, sometimes tiny, areas where there is something very pleasing to the eye and worth looking for. Well found!

Having a one acre yard is always a lot of work. Greg does his best to keep the corners of our garden looking nice. He is working on getting the sprinkler system going for the summer. Two zones didn't work this spring, but he has figured out the problem!! I actually used the D610 today. It hasn't seen much use in the past two years. PS. The old cedar border to our flowerbed that looks so rough will be replaced this summer. View attachment 1683009
Well done to Greg! Looks like he has a spider stuck on the end of that screwdriver.

That's an interesting combination of colors. Will the tree grow much larger?

These are the Spring colours Jim. The leaves will turn green soon but then back to bronze in the autumn. I think the tree actually comes from North America and is known as the Shadbush over there. Some varieties are small, like ours, and others can grow pretty big. Ours is only about seven feet tall at the moment after about fifteen years. I noticed that Alnwick Garden, which we visited last week, had a number of specimens that looked the same as ours, and the biggest might have been about 12 feet tall, similar spread, though light and airy.

No other takers so far so my proposal for the week is for you to show us more intimate or selected parts of your garden/outside space/house plants. Not the wide vistas. Usual rules - take pics from now until midnight next Wednesday, your time; post three at a time, but there is no limit on the number of posts you make; and enjoy yourself.

Some examples:

View attachment 1682927 Cherry Blossom by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1682928 Woodland by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1682929 Clematis House by warth man, on Flickr
Great examples, and a good topic you started here!
My cousin Joe with Daisy, two days after his 90th birthday,
Happy birthday, allthough I'm late

These are very good images, well chosen for this topic!

Having a one acre yard is always a lot of work. Greg does his best to keep the corners of our garden looking nice. He is working on getting the sprinkler system going for the summer. Two zones didn't work this spring, but he has figured out the problem!! I actually used the D610 today. It hasn't seen much use in the past two years. PS. The old cedar border to our flowerbed that looks so rough will be replaced this summer. View attachment 1683009
Oh yeah, there is so much to do! I see myself there, keeping care of a garden is a life time project!

It wasn't that a photogenic day. Digging in the ground, trying to get this corner done, and then it started to rain. At least I could take the camera with me and shoot a few series in between.

Z06_5262~01.jpg

In the very corner far back in our garden, I want to plant these three bushes left over from somewhere else. I need an extra slit for cabling. There is a tube coming out of the shed, in the ground, just out of sight behind these bushes. I will continue to expand our 'grid' towards where I am standing and install more power plug sockets.

As the terrain raises to the left, we decided to even it out a bit. Feels like shoveling tons, just to remove some 20 to 30 cm of dirt. (2/3 to 1 foot). This is some of the left over stuff (Luca's wheelbarrow isn't a good scale, as it is small.)

Z06_5266~01.jpg

The wide angle shots:

Street side, small decorative bed. Yes, we have watering installed, there. Simple tube :)

Z06_5260~01.jpg

Approaching the main entrance of our home, this is a spring detail - some left over tulips, and my loved sempervivum ;)

Z06_5259~01.jpg

Preparing - my wife's projects.
Peas, peperoni red and yellow, beet (covered) getting ready to be planted.

Z06_5261~01.jpg

And that's where some of them will go - I prepared the raised beds again, this year the cucumber pyramid goes to a different bed and corner, and I made a simple rain shelter for cherry tomatoes.

Z06_5267~01.jpg

Luca's garage in our new open shed...

Z06_5265~01.jpg

Last series for today: Rainy mood, trying to relax, think, stay out by myself, wandering around...

Deco by wife - some may remember the smiling wood in the background

Z06_5269~01.jpg

Small coffee table next to the kitchen. Bigger one waiting for more sun and summer:

Z06_5270~01.jpg

'New' path from used tiles. The before-mentioned bushes on the boarder to our neighbor. Portuguese Lorel, it's called.

Z06_5268~01.jpg

It wasn't that a photogenic day. Digging in the ground, trying to get this corner done, and then it started to rain. At least I could take the camera with me and shoot a few series in between.

View attachment 1683042

In the very corner far back in our garden, I want to plant these three bushes left over from somewhere else. I need an extra slit for cabling. There is a tube coming out of the shed, in the ground, just out of sight behind these bushes. I will continue to expand our 'grid' towards where I am standing and install more power plug sockets.

As the terrain raises to the left, we decided to even it out a bit. Feels like shoveling tons, just to remove some 20 to 30 cm of dirt. (2/3 to 1 foot). This is some of the left over stuff (Luca's wheelbarrow isn't a good scale, as it is small.)

View attachment 1683043

Looks like rather decent soil you have there Roland.

Lots of nice corners in your garden Roland and I'm impressed at how organised you and your wife are with the preparations for planting. I'm even more impressed with how neatly you manage everything too. Love the little wooden bird.

Looks like rather decent soil you have there Roland.
Yes indeed. One can easily see the difference when you dig close to the hospital parking, where stones and dirt have been filled in, and the soil on our property just a few meters away. The ground has never been digged in in the last 80 years. Perfect, keeps moisture, without being too loamy.

We keep what we dig out. For the raised beds, as an example.

More from the boundary - we have a very good relationship with our neighbors. The couple, both retired, like their garden, a fire, a good glass of wine and our children... ;) Absolutely lovely to live next door.

Behind the raised beds, along the hospital's parking wall, leads a hidden pathway. The 4 smaller, lighter tiles along our bed and first 3 bigger tiles are 'this side', then the 4th lowered of the bigger ones is on their ground. So is the light green plant in the image center

Z06_5290~01.jpg

The second, more obvious way leads over this one step between the higher block and the green bush. This is their main entrance door, the offical access is from the street down to the left, along the wooden discs.

Z06_5293~01.jpg

One more - Luca's sand pit, and storage cabinet. Neighbor's wood storage in the back

Z06_5291~01.jpg

Today's weather: bad and continuous rain. We need a solution to collect the rain water from the carport. Maybe a little water pond just behind it, and a fountain..?

Z06_5294~01.jpg

Wood to be cut

Z06_5287~01.jpg

Japanese Maple and a snail

Z06_5289~01.jpg

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom