CS #748 - Ohhh... "K"

Status
Not open for further replies.
One down, one to go...
View attachment 1683422

The ketchup is going to be for Mother's Day dinner that I'm making for my mom, wife, and daughter (and family). Corn bread, home-made baked beans, coleslaw, and baby back pork ribs, where I'm making a rub and three different BBQ sauces. Dessert will be French Chocolate Silk pie (home-made as well).

View attachment 1683423
In the Kitchen, prepping the ingredients for the rub. I hope it tastes OK, as we only have a few burgers in the freeze if things don't work out.
Hey that will work out! Great! Would like to taste that brain and heart food ;)

Ketchup comes in 'hot' also, doesn't it? :)
Hot, hotter, Killah...

On my way to retrieve my mail, for some reason this week's CS popped into my head and I thought, "yes!!! KIOSK!!"

One of several kiosks where the residents of my condominium community collect our mail:

Maillbox Kiosk.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One down, one to go...
View attachment 1683422

The ketchup is going to be for Mother's Day dinner that I'm making for my mom, wife, and daughter (and family). Corn bread, home-made baked beans, coleslaw, and baby back pork ribs, where I'm making a rub and three different BBQ sauces. Dessert will be French Chocolate Silk pie (home-made as well).

View attachment 1683423
In the Kitchen, prepping the ingredients for the rub. I hope it tastes OK, as we only have a few burgers in the freeze if things don't work out.
You do have enough pie for everyone....right?

"Kamping" with the Kids

Every May we spend a night or two at a nearby resort area about 25 miles away that has hot springs, camping, and a pizza parlor. It's a good place to dewinterize the rvs and make sure everything is working before we go out on Memorial Weekend.

We just got home. We had a good time trying out our new 5th wheel. Happy to report that everything worked as expected.

The KIDS are always fun!!

DSC_6168-Edit.jpg
DSC_6175.jpg
_DSC9335.jpg
_DSC9331.jpg

"Kamping" with the Kids

Every May we spend a night or two at a nearby resort area about 25 miles away that has hot springs, camping, and a pizza parlor. It's a good place to dewinterize the rvs and make sure everything is working before we go out on Memorial Weekend.

We just got home. We had a good time trying out our new 5th wheel. Happy to report that everything worked as expected.

View attachment 1683426 View attachment 1683427 View attachment 1683428 View attachment 1683429
Nice family

"Kamping" with the Kids

View attachment 1683426 View attachment 1683427 View attachment 1683428 View attachment 1683429
Great set and good idea to “road test” the new rig.

Kubernetes...
cs_748__DSC8726.jpg

For the last 5+ years, before I retired, I was working with Kubernetes, an open source cloud computing infrastructure (both directly on the open source project and on third party tools that Cisco was developing that used Kubernetes). For geeks, it is software that allow automated deployment, management, and scaling of "containerized" applications.

I guess the name comes from helmsman/pilot, and is a nautical theme. Other related projects also use the nautical theme (e.g. Helm, Istio), and there are many terms in the project using the letter "k" (kubelet, kubectl, kube-proxy).

The project has yearly conferences, called KubeCon (one just ended this week, I think), where you can get swag, like the tee-shirt above (showing a sailboat and wheel), or this fidget wheel...
cs_748__DSC8729.jpg

Apple wireless keyboards, one from the now-distant past and one which is more current:

Apple Keyboards.jpeg

Keep running, keep avoiding, keep jumping, ... the water. keep... stay dry?

Z06_5506~01.jpg

Z06_5518~01.jpg

Z06_5519~01.jpg

We've seen one kiosk from Connie, but here's a rather different one.

Mrs. T. looks for birds on our walk today near the kiosk where the New River Trail enters Pulaski County.

_JZ65773.jpg

Kids - easy 'K'... ;)

From the evening walk, it was a marvelous day, today!

Z07_2973~01.jpg

Z07_2966~01.jpg

Z07_2911~01.jpg

She brought her old "Kindergarten"-Bag

We haven't had kisses, yet, have we?

Z07_2984~01.jpg

Z07_2981~01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom