CS #748 - Ohhh... "K"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krottenpöschen (dandelion, hawkbit?)

Z07_2952~01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z07_2950~01.jpg

Z07_2945~01.jpg

Sorry to post 4, but I have to show this: he was disappointed it looked so... "defective", he said. He had to get a new one.

Kaputt

Z07_2941~01.jpg

I had to get my car checked by the authorities. That's due after 5 years of ownership - well, as they're well behind, it's about 6 for me. I got that Model S in May 2015, so indeed 6 yrs.

They check whatever is relevant for safety, such as brakes and suspension, but also rust (none here, aluminum), the exhaust and catalysator (none here...). Check if there is any play where it shouldn't be. If it keeps track and runs straight on. Light. Whatever comes to their mind.

After 170'000 km, I knew before the check, that the suspension, upper links both front and rear, left and right, had worn out. So I had these 4 links / arms replaced before today's appointment.

Everything went well. No major issue, and it is good to go for another 2 years now. Unless I decide to sell it ;). Ah well, OK, tire pressure sensors are dead. I will have to have these replaced, but won't have to show up again for that single point.

That's always a lottery, somehow. If you get a guy that's gotten up with his wrong foot, has a bad day... he absolutely WILL find a thing to make you come and pay again...

Knowledgeable Kings ;)

20210510_095904~01~01.jpg

K is for KINDNESS

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my FTZ adaptor and scuffed up the metal ring. It wouldn't attach to my lenses properly. I put out a notice on the cafe that I would like to buy a replacement and wondered if anyone had one they would like to sell. A very kind forum member contacted me that he was purchasing a new Z camera and would be happy to buy the FTZ along with his camera for the extra $100. He would then sell the FTZ to me for the cost of the adaptor and the shipping. It was such a kind gesture and saved me quite a bit of money. The FTZ arrived from him today. I am so grateful for all the kind forum members here. This particular person had nothing to gain from this transaction. It took him extra time to correspond with me and mail the item. I am very impressed!!

DSC_6185.jpg

K is for KINDNESS

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my FTZ adaptor and scuffed up the metal ring. It wouldn't attach to my lenses properly. I put out a notice on the cafe that I would like to buy a replacement and wondered if anyone had one they would like to sell. A very kind forum member contacted me that he was purchasing a new Z camera and would be happy to buy the FTZ along with his camera for the extra $100. He would then sell the FTZ to me for the cost of the adaptor and the shipping. It was such a kind gesture and saved me quite a bit of money. The FTZ arrived from him today. I am so grateful for all the kind forum members here. This particular person had nothing to gain from this transaction. It took him extra time to correspond with me and mail the item. I am very impressed!!

View attachment 1683552
What a wonderful gesture. NikonCafe rocks!

I had to get my car checked by the authorities. That's due after 5 years of ownership - well, as they're well behind, it's about 6 for me. I got that Model S in May 2015, so indeed 6 yrs.

They check whatever is relevant for safety, such as brakes and suspension, but also rust (none here, aluminum), the exhaust and catalysator (none here...). Check if there is any play where it shouldn't be. If it keeps track and runs straight on. Light. Whatever comes to their mind.

After 170'000 km, I knew before the check, that the suspension, upper links both front and rear, left and right, had worn out. So I had these 4 links / arms replaced before today's appointment.

Everything went well. No major issue, and it is good to go for another 2 years now. Unless I decide to sell it ;). Ah well, OK, tire pressure sensors are dead. I will have to have these replaced, but won't have to show up again for that single point.

That's always a lottery, somehow. If you get a guy that's gotten up with his wrong foot, has a bad day... he absolutely WILL find a thing to make you come and pay again...

Knowledgeable Kings ;)

View attachment 1683551
Have heard about those inspections. Sadly, a "LOT" of vehicles in Tennessee would not make it out the exit.

Thanks, Ed, for hosting. I thought that I'd not be able to toss in a snap, but better late than never. Here are the "new Kids on the block", or at least in my backyard.

Trying again . . .

original.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting Ed! I got a few shots in early, but between negotiating price, loan application, home inspection, and preparing to sell our house, I’ve had no free time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom