CS #750 - Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about the level of PP allowed for CS posts. I used an old plugin called Flood for this shot and I apologize in advance if that's frowned upon.

Image4 - Copy.jpg

A small pool in front of the Long Beach Courthouse aided in this morning shot. With the little 20mm F3.5ais.
longbeachstreetreflections.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yours truly giving fly casting lessons to my granddaughter yesterday. Photo by Mrs. T.

_Z505552_009.JPG

It was her first try, and she caught on pretty well. She said it was harder than learning to serve in volleyball :).

Thanks for hosting with a terrific topic, Andy. I've also been "hosting" two friends whom I haven't seen in ages, and have limited time for shooting anything. Here's an iPhone snap from a walk along the irrigation canal today - best I could manage under the (happy!) circumstances.

Reflection.jpg

As product photographer i create reflections myself.
Hope you like them.
SanpellegrinoLimonata2 copy.jpg
CesarCanine00.jpg

Real Name
Andy
Here's what happens when you are trying to control reflections in tidal pools but release the shutter at the same time as a polarizer adjustment:
Kona_21D_4830.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Andy
Here are some better images from yesterday, taken at sunrise on the west coast of the Big Island...

1. In the last 15 minutes of morning twilight, there wasn't much color, but lots of contrasty detail, which begged for monochrome treatment:
Kona_21D_4827.jpg

2. As the sun rose on the other side of the island, only the sky received the golden light, as most of the light was being blocked by Mauna Kea (nearly 14,000 feet tall) behind me. A reflection in the farthest tidal pool at left of the frame caught a bit of the glow:
Kona_21D_4836-Edit.jpg

3. Having inadvertently disturbed one of the homeless sleeping on this portion of the rocky coast, I quickly moved on to the more accessible area, where the "no access between dusk to dawn" is enforced, but the light was changing quickly:
Kona_21D_4842.jpg

4. There were probably better compositions to be found for this prominent lava rock formation, but I had run out of time and had to get on with the day, so I settled for this:
Kona_21D_4848.jpg

These don't have much to recommend them other than having reflections. Made along Poverty Creek on our walk yesterday.

_Z505569.jpg
_Z505571.jpg

We need more D750 pics for this #750 CS. Unfortunately mine went away for a fix over a month ago that was "done" on 4 May but the camera is still somewhere in transit between Estonia and UK. I shall reflect on that for a little while longer...

We need more D750 pics for this #750 CS. Unfortunately mine went away for a fix over a month ago that was "done" on 4 May but the camera is still somewhere in transit between Estonia and UK. I shall reflect on that for a little while longer...
oooh. I never thought of that. Wish I could get time to shoot... have wrapped up all we need to do to buy a house (waiting for loan stuff now), but are putting our house on the market tonight or tomorrow, so going nuts preparing... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom