CS #753 - Something weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I start this CS today because tomorrow is Wolfgang's burial.
I believe I'm out of order tomorrow...

Show us someting "not logical", "weird", "unbelievable", "incredible" or "crazy".

(1)
D3S_0004.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(2)
D3S_0001.JPG

This was a conclusion of a discussion about physics (Electrical flow, magnetic field and resulting force).
Remember the "Left-hand-rule"?
Everything is logical when you look from the outside and the speed of the flowing electrons is working.
But what happens if you're inside of the system? Seeing it from the electron, the speed is "0". So there will be no force... Or?

Have fun
Klaus

Last edited:
Now this IS weird. Was overfull from eating too much and wanted to nap. Went into study and soon....

DSC_0047.JPG

Almost burnt off the calories in that Starbuck's cookie (chocolate covered graham).
Unfortunately, I didn't stop at just one....oh well.
Guess I will have to take a nap and then return to the study :cry:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Now this IS weird. Was overfull from eating too much and wanted to nap. Went into study and soon....

View attachment 1685279

Almost burnt off the calories in that Starbuck's cookie (chocolate covered graham).
Unfortunately, I didn't stop at just one....oh well.
Guess I will have to take a nap and then return to the study :cry:
Study at Starbucks, Ed? :cool:

Kind regards
Klaus

I'll be the first to admit that I'm weird.....I get these odd ideas in my head that I want to try out photographically and sometimes they work out to be really interesting. This is one such situation:

Under the Table.jpeg

What's weird about a tomato plant?

_JZ65948.jpg

Let me explain.

This plant came up voluntarily last December in a pot in which my wife was overwintering a basil plant. She nursed it along and planted it in the big outdoor pot last month. It is now our most prolific-looking tomato bush...

_JZ65946.jpg

It has copious blossoms,,,
_Z505747.jpg

...and it is at least six months old now.

An old wrought iron decoration covered by bubble wrap?
Close.....it's my glass-topped coffee table which has wrought-iron legs/feet and indeed the surface is covered by bubble wrap! Yes, it's old, have had it for over 40-something years. Told you I'm weird!! Actually, I had cleared off the table to Windex the glass, which needs to be done periodically, and also did the usual cleaning of the floor as well. Then, for some reason I got to looking at the legs and feet of the table, so sat down on the floor and looked again from that angle....with iPhone in hand. I experimented with the iPhone and shot some images with just the plain glass but didn't really like the results and wondered what would happen if I laid some bubble wrap over the top of the table. I had some rather large pieces of it that had come protectively wrapped around a couple of things recently, so grabbed those and started playing around some more......

Mari and I ventured out to the new house of a nurse she used to work with. It's the first time we've out to somewhere that wasn't a hospital or clinic in over a year. We were getting a tour of the garden
rock1-6-18-21.jpg
when I noticed painted rocks in the garden around the house, asking about them it's what her husband took up to pass the extensive at home time during the pandemic. I liked the rocks, and commented they look like a nice meditative exercise. The husband commented "I don't know what it was, but they're weird". His technique is he uses the flat end of various sized drill bits to apply the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom