CS #757 - The Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazy Evening Sun
HAL_5127_DxO_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill Walderman
From Friday...

1. The typical cumulus clouds that adorn a South Florida morning sky
View attachment 1686614
2. Not exactly a photo in which the sky is the subject, but I couldn't help but attach a camera to my new telescope, assembled and collimated just in time to see the Lunar X and V, which are a light/shadow phenomenon that occur for only a couple hours before the first quarter in each lunar month.
View attachment 1686615
What telescope did you get?

Real Name
Andy
A generous amount of aperture! I hope you have dark skies that will let you penetrate deep into space.
Yes, that was the attraction for this particular scope.
Do you have a tracking mechanism, or did you rely on high ISO for your moonshot?
No tracking, and for the moon, ISO was not an issue either. However, as you can see from the image, I do need to improve my collimation and focusing skills.

Real Name
Paul
Taking advantage of the sky...
cs_757__DSC8927.jpg

cs_757__DSC8931.jpg

Project started today to install solar panels on the house we just bought. They are installing the rails for panels and putting the control electronics in the basement today. Should take 3-4 days.

Real Name
Bill Walderman
One more -- sunset at Lake Accotink
View attachment 1686743
Of course, I have to admit that it didn't exactly look like this. In addition to a few small adjustments with LR sliders, I got this effect by turning down nearly two stops the exposure recommended by the camera meter. But the reddish-orange color is due at least in part to smoke wafting its way across the continent to the eastern US from the horrible wildfires in the Pacific Northwest.

Of course, I have to admit that it didn't exactly look like this. In addition to a few small adjustments with LR sliders, I got this effect by turning down nearly two stops the exposure recommended by the camera meter. But the reddish-orange color is due at least in part to smoke wafting its way across the continent to the eastern US from the horrible wildfires in the Pacific Northwest.

"You can only take what's in front of you."" It's still a good pic. We are in the middle of a catastrophe it seems because temperatures here are 31C.

In which case I presume we will be prevented from travelling anywhere that might have that temperature or higher because of public health concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom