CS #759 - Macro and Closeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
Somewhere along the way, I believe we have missed a week.

Let's post images this week showing detail of our subjects using whatever equipment and techniques we have at our disposal.

Here's one from my yard this morning made with a non-macro lens and three images stacked in PhotoShop.

Flower_21C_5027-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Somewhere along the way, I believe we have missed a week.

Let's post images this week showing detail of our subjects using whatever equipment and techniques we have at our disposal.

Here's one from my yard this morning made with a non-macro lens and three images stacked in PhotoShop.

View attachment 1687135
Very nice example and cool CS. I hope I can squeeze in time to play!

Oh, this is one topic which is dear to my heart!!! Macro and closeups have long been my first love in photography.....

A couple of shots fresh out of the camera from this afternoon, just steps away from my condo building, out on the boardwalk; I was surprised at how physically close I was able to get to the swallow, who gazed at me wondering who this human was pointing that big thing at him:

What's That Thing Pointed at Me?.jpeg

One of the joys of late July and early August is these beautiful Water Hibiscus flowers which bloom around the edge of the lake:

Water Hibiscus in Bloom.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, this is one topic which is dear to my heart!!! Macro and closeups have long been my first love in photography.....

A couple of shots fresh out of the camera from this afternoon, just steps away from my condo building, out on the boardwalk; I was surprised at how physically close I was able to get to the swallow, who gazed at me wondering who this human was pointing that big thing at him:

View attachment 1687142

One of the joys of late July and early August is these beautiful Water Hibiscus flowers which bloom around the edge of the lake:

View attachment 1687144

Beautiful photos, Connie, especially that hibiscus.

Real Name
Mike
A couple from the yard.
NZ6_1072.png
NZ6_1096.png

Beautiful photos, Connie, especially that hibiscus.
Thank you, Jim! I went out with the 100-400mm today on purpose, hoping to capture one of the swallows, as last time I didn't have the right lens..... Next time I go out I'll put on a macro lens to see how even further upclose and personal I can get with one of the hibiscus flowers as some of them are within fairly close reach......

Some really wonderful photos already! And that's despite that so few people have the new Nikon Z macro lenses in hand. :D

After realizing our home has at least one invader and after going to the store today to purchase this solution to the problem, I couldn't help but think of Andy's Collective Shoot. Fourteen focus-stacked images captured with a Tamron 90mm macro lens.

Mike 2021-07-30--0005-S.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom