CS #759 - Macro and Closeup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moth in a soap dish, used my cell phone. All my camera stuff is bagged up in case we have to evacuate due to fires east and west of us 10 to 15 miles away. We got a bit of rain last night, incredibly dense smoke this morning, haven’t seen any updates on what the fires are doing.
078460F1-BFF5-46D9-956C-8340EF83459C.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
John M.
FP-0579.jpg

This one is the old trick of pseudo macro with the 300pf and 1.4tc. Just got the Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 but it will be pretty difficult to get close to one of these little fellas using that tool.

Real Name
Andy
This one is the old trick of pseudo macro with the 300pf and 1.4tc.
Yes, that is a great feature of using a TC or adapting to a smaller sensor - keeping the same minimum focus distance with increased magnification. Thanks for sharing this excellent example.

Could the smoke mean that the rain is putting out the fires? We can hope.
Jim, Just got an update,”rain helped but the potential for injury has increased with slippery conditions and unstable standing timber” They are cautiously evaluating the fire. They have 146 people on ground crews and a dozen smoke jumpers on this fire, with 8 air tankers, 2 heavy helicopters, 4 bulldozers and 12 fire engines. Safety is their priority, which I agree with. Not sure what is going on with the other, much bigger fire.

Last edited:
Apparently the mice in my house require the culinary details of your recipe. I used only smooth peanut butter and the mice don't go for it. I put out a piece of bagel next to the mouse traps fitted with the peanut butter. This morning all the bread is gone and the peanut butter hasn't been touched, proving that there are still mice in the house.
Have you tried cheese? It always works for us.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
From a walk at the edge of the woods...

(1) Forrest dung beetle
D6_0005.JPG

(2) Common rose bug
D6_0007.JPG

(3) Rust red bullhead butterfly
D6_0014.JPG

(4) Landcard butterfly (summer type- the ones hatched in spring are orange)
D6_0016.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

My macro lens and I went out this afternoon and decided we wanted to play with abstract imagery:

Curving Into Shape.jpeg

We also stopped by to pay a visit to a flower, trying to capture its intimate innards.....

Intimate View of a Lily.jpeg

So, I will be using cheese again.

It turns out that apparently we had only the one mouse in the house that the trap caught using cheese. I've been leaving bread out next to the trap every day and three days in a row it along with the food in the trap has been left untouched. So, I think our rodent problem is at least temporarily solved.

It turns out that apparently we had only the one mouse in the house that the trap caught using cheese. I've been leaving bread out next to the trap every day and three days in a row it along with the food in the trap has been left untouched. So, I think our rodent problem is at least temporarily solved.
That's good. One mouse can cause a lot of damage.

I mentioned I had solar panels installed, and the batteries were on order. Well,

I got new batteries!
cs_759_760__DSC8956.jpg

Well, ok. These were for new smoke detectors, and these two didn't have the plastic shield that disconnects them until installed, and, as expected, they are around 8.5 volts and causing the new smoke detectors to chirp. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom