CS #766 - The Joy of Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to CS #766 which runs from right now until Midnight Wednesday the 22nd, your local time.
(sorry for the late start)

THE JOY OF PHOTOGRAPHY

When volunteering to start this thread, thought I would pick some easy topic to allow a few snaps here and there.
Then I started going through some old photos and found these three from 2016. These may not be the greatest images ever posted on the CS, but "I" still like them five years later. Can I still take images as fun to do and as memorable to me this week???

So that's your assignment have fun making images which you will enjoy looking at for a long time.
They can be of anything you like, edited as you like. Most of all, HAVE FUN

Please post only pictures taken within that time frame.
Limit photos to three per post, but you may post multiple times. Family friendly content.

Walking down by the river delta in Sacramento:
IMG_2274.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another day went with my sister to a quilting show in Richmond, CA. This huge one was striking for its color and dynamism, so...."click"
IMG_2206.jpeg

One morning while walking the cat in my condo complex...a story for another day...found this heavily dew laden leaf at my foot.
(not my greatest image, but enjoyed capturing it handheld)
edit.jpeg

Just had so much fun taking and editing these images. That is what photography is all about, or should be.

Going to be challenging to think of something worthwhile to post so "Thinking Cap On!"

Never know when to "leaf" things alone. Must have taken twenty shots of this fallen leaf in the front yard.
DSC_0003 2.jpeg
After using a reflector, putting it on a different background, playing with focus....it was the first shot off the hip which worked best for me.

Last edited:
Real Name
Philip Armitage
Many of you will know I shoot Real Estate to earn a few dollars, and from time to time while on someone's property, something comes along, like a pet, or an animal that lifts the spirit. Obviously I was using the wide angle at the time but this one came up close to say hello
DSC_6631-1600.jpg

Welcome to CS #766 which runs from right now until Midnight Wednesday the 22nd, your local time.
(sorry for the late start)

THE JOY OF PHOTOGRAPHY

When volunteering to start this thread, thought I would pick some easy topic to allow a few snaps here and there.
Then I started going through some old photos and found these three from 2016. These may not be the greatest images ever posted on the CS, but "I" still like them five years later. Can I still take images as fun to do and as memorable to me this week???

So that's your assignment have fun making images which you will enjoy looking at for a long time.
They can be of anything you like, edited as you like. Most of all, HAVE FUN

Please post only pictures taken within that time frame.
Limit photos to three per post, but you may post multiple times. Family friendly content.

Walking down by the river delta in Sacramento:
View attachment 1689345

Another day went with my sister to a quilting show in Richmond, CA. This huge one was striking for its color and dynamism, so...."click"
View attachment 1689344

One morning while walking the cat in my condo complex...a story for another day...found this heavily dew laden leaf at my foot.
(not my greatest image, but enjoyed capturing it handheld)
View attachment 1689347

Just had so much fun taking and editing these images. That is what photography is all about, or should be.

Going to be challenging to think of something worthwhile to post so "Thinking Cap On!"
Great examples, and a very challenging theme!

For me one of the joys of photography is seeing and being able to capture sights like this when taking a stroll around the boardwalk:

Three Turtles On a Log.jpeg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
My greatest joy - Emma

Well, she ate all the strawberries...

D6_0002.JPG

D6_0004.JPG

D6_0005.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

Fun photos!!! However, a word of caution here...... Be mindful that she doesn't overdo things and eat so many strawberries that she breaks out in hives......years ago when I was a child each summer we enjoyed the wonderful strawberries in our area in abundance as their "season" hit: we had strawberries for snacking on, strawberries as part of a baked product, strawberries in a salad, strawberry shortcake with wonderful strawberry sauce, etc., etc......and one night/early morning I awoke itching like mad with big bumps all over me, and we finally figured out that maybe I'd just been eating too many strawberries while we were enjoying and indulging in the bounty that was available right then. Since then I've never had any trouble with them, still love them, still eat them, but I am more careful about enjoying them in moderation.....

For me a big part of the joy is capturing family memories.

Rylee and Bella concentrating on the Sneaky Sasquatch game.
_DSC1980.jpg

Shooting with the phone can bring joy as well.

1632110066486.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom