CS #766 - The Joy of Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more bird from today ...

Plane Air Canada.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
I rarely use my phone for photos, but this seemed like a good “show and tell” moment. I bought a new set of tires online and arranged for them to be installed in the parking lot of the hotel where I had spent the night. Saved time, hassle, and money!
CC2E327C-51BA-4971-94B7-0BAA0A50E564.jpeg

I rarely use my phone for photos, but this seemed like a good “show and tell” moment. I bought a new set of tires online and arranged for them to be installed in the parking lot of the hotel where I had spent the night. Saved time, hassle, and money!
View attachment 1689552
Took a quick glance at the photo and THEN I read the description. Was wondering why the guys that stole your tires left their jacks behind.

Rain this week has eased the drought a little, enough so that the fungi are making an appearance. Hoping to see more in the coming weeks with the cooler weather.

Fungus.jpg

View attachment 1689552

That's a good catch. I didn't know that service was available.

Nice looking old Subaru Outback.

Real Name
Andy
Nice looking old Subaru Outback.
Andy - here's hoping that the newer Outbacks that both Jim & I own - along with Warthman (Ron) and West will have a similar longetivity!
This is the second time I’ve counted on an Outback as an airport car - the first was in the mid 1990s. Both were obtained with high mileage and have been reliable and fun to drive. One of these years I might get a late model one…

Thanks for hosting Ed! It was fun to see what people came up with. I was in the middle of a large project all week, so couldn't play.

For me, the joy is from photos of Theo (didn't see him during this CS), cars (haven't attended events this year), documenting trips (nothing this week - stuck a home working), and catching some unusual or surprising things (I was transporting material from Home Depot home yesterday and saw a guy fishing by a small lake - wearing a Santa Claus outfit! I was driving, and couldn't stop, but thought that would have been great for this CS). Oh well...

Real Name
Andy
Here's one more from yesterday. After getting my new tires, and with the rest of the day free from obligations, I took a drive into the Rockies to take advantage of the perfect weather.

I had set up the tripod, but there wasn't a particularly interesting composition from this spot. Often, the joy of photography is refraining from taking the shot and enjoying the moment.
RMNP_21D_7308.jpg

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Here's one more from yesterday. After getting my new tires, and with the rest of the day free from obligations, I took a drive into the Rockies to take advantage of the perfect weather.

I had set up the tripod, but there wasn't a particularly interesting composition from this spot. Often, the joy of photography is refraining from taking the shot and enjoying the moment.
View attachment 1689602
"Often, the joy of photography is refraining from taking the shot and enjoying the moment."

And sometimes leaving your camera behind and just forgetting about photography.

View attachment 1689602

That's a nice photo, Andy, but I'm getting confused. Your avatar shows that you live in Florida, but you got new tires on your car near the Rockies...do you keep that Subaru in Denver?

Real Name
Andy
That's a nice photo, Andy, but I'm getting confused. Your avatar shows that you live in Florida, but you got new tires on your car near the Rockies...do you keep that Subaru in Denver?
I split my time between Florida (home) and Colorado (work). I keep the Subaru at the airport in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom