CS #767 - Septemberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
Trying to follow along with the flexible themes of late. Post any photo that says “September” this week. Some ideas:
  1. Yesterday was the first day of Autumn - perhaps the leaves have started changing in your vicinity.
  2. Fall sports are largely outdoors with much of the northern hemisphere experiencing crisp and clear conditions during this time of year.
  3. Harvest is taking place with the results evident everywhere from the fields to the dining table.
  4. Octoberfest is around the corner - post a photo of the gear you intend to use.
  5. Really, anything you like to photograph…
Most of all - have fun!

Breaking my photo silence at last!
We're in Salt Lake City al of this week and next, visiting our son. Here is the last of his tomatillo plants to bear fruit—now it's a race again frost. (used 29mm of extension rings)
BearRiver58.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Trying to follow along with the flexible themes of late. Post any photo that says “September” this week. Some ideas:
  1. Yesterday was the first day of Autumn - perhaps the leaves have started changing in your vicinity.
  2. Fall sports are largely outdoors with much of the northern hemisphere experiencing crisp and clear conditions during this time of year.
  3. Harvest is taking place with the results evident everywhere from the fields to the dining table.
  4. Octoberfest is around the corner - post a photo of the gear you intend to use.
  5. Really, anything you like to photograph…
Most of all - have fun!
Thanks, Andy, for hosting with a very welcoming theme.

Breaking my photo silence at last!
We're in Salt Lake City al of this week and next, visiting our son. Here is the last of his tomatillo plants to bear fruit—now it's a race again frost. (used 29mm of extension rings) View attachment 1689633
Hey, Nick - It's great to have you back. I was wondering about your hiatus here. P.S. - Mmmm, tomatillos . . .

September out here means that the native Maximilian sunflowers are starting to bloom in the backyard. The daisy-like flowers start at the top and then progress all the way down the stem. Jim T (Pa) and Beth would surely know more, but I think that these are an unusual variety, in that they are perennial. A quick couple of snaps attached below:

3022.jpg

3023.jpg

September out here means that the native Maximilian sunflowers are starting to bloom in the backyard. The daisy-like flowers start at the top and then progress all the way down the stem. Jim T (Pa) and Beth would surely know more, but I think that these are an unusual variety, in that they are perennial. A quick couple of snaps attached below:

View attachment 1689648

View attachment 1689651

Very interesting flowers, Eric, and well photographed. Mrs. T. confesses that she is not familiar with these.

September means The Parade of Homes. We visited an amazing one today. I was able to get a few phone photos.
IMG_2706 copy.jpg
IMG_2697 copy.jpg
IMG_2700 copy.jpg

I allow myself hot chocolate once each week. If I work it right, I can get five weeks of hot chocolate during September. Once I choose from the dozen flavors of hot chocolate, I only need to choose which mug to pour it into.

Mike 2021-09-23--0003-S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.