CS #770 - Old, new and treasured

This shoot starts right now and ends midnight (your local time) November 3rd.

Theme is: “Old, New and Treasured”. Originally I had meant that to be for photo equipment but finding this old 1972 Honda at my Dealer today changed that a bit.

I’m short, interpret the theme broadly

Usual forum rules apply as to family friendly content. Posting only three pics at a time and only posting pics taken within the time frame of this shoot

D928D144-16EF-415F-821B-F7E5DA489803.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What started me on this theme was looking for a vid cam for casual use. After looking at different categories I decided just to upgrade myiPhone to a 13 pro max. It is a nice camera/phone. So it’s the “New” and the above Honda at a new car dealership is the “Old”. I guess the previous owner(s) “Treasured” it.

729B6D7E-C497-4271-BD31-FC630EA15A92.jpeg

Pardon any misspelling or typos. Did this all on the iPhone while awaiting an oil change

Have fun and don’t drive too fast🤪

Last edited:
This shoot starts right now and ends midnight (your local time) November 3rd.

Theme is: “Old, New and Treasured”. Originally I had meant that to be for photo equipment but finding this old 1972 Honda at my Dealer today changed that a bit.

I’m short, interpret the theme broadly

Usual forum rules apply as to family friendly content. Posting only three pics at a time and only posting pics taken within the time frame of this shoot

View attachment 1692174

What started me on this theme was looking for a vid cam for casual use. After looking at different categories I decided just to upgrade myiPhone to a 13 pro max. It is a nice camera/phone. So it’s the “New” and the above Honda at a new car dealership is the “Old”. I guess the previous owner(s) “Treasured” it.

View attachment 1692173

Pardon any misspelling or typos. Did this all on the iPhone while awaiting an oil change

Have fun and don’t drive too fast🤪
Nice example and interesting theme! I'm not sure if I'l have time to post, with Octoberfest running and a big project at home, but will see...

Nice example and interesting theme! I'm not sure if I'l have time to post, with Octoberfest running and a big project at home, but will see...
That's a cute little Honda! Did you buy it?

Like Paul, I'm not going to have time to shoot something for this -- already got two major photography projects going now and of course there is still daily life which has demands of its own.....
No, but they did say on the windshield it originally sold for 1700 bucks.

Nicely shot. Fun to see people still doing old school vinyl. Aren't you violating an NDA, by using the Leica for non-Octoberfest photos too? :) :) :)

Huh? I don't recall there being anything in the Octoberfest rules about being unable to use the lenses that are being employed for that monthly project for other purposes, too!! Ditto for using other lenses for anything outside of that project. Wow, if there are such rules, I'm in big doo-doo...... LOL! :D

64830FD3-B8B0-40D4-9D1F-C1230EFC4A59.jpeg

New display at market. The marketing of Xmas so early is getting old. Neither is it treasured by scrooges like me

Just another quick cell pic

Nice subject Ed and that little Honda is a good find for someone.

Here's something that is about the same age. These were made in 1969 and I found them in a local camera shop ten or eleven years ago. Still almost like new and they are with me on my daily dog walks.

51633917414_5a54c237d6_h.jpg
Oldies but Goldies by warth man, on Flickr

Huh? I don't recall there being anything in the Octoberfest rules about being unable to use the lenses that are being employed for that monthly project for other purposes, too!! Ditto for using other lenses for anything outside of that project. Wow, if there are such rules, I'm in big doo-doo...... LOL! :D
It was just a joke... hence the smilies at the end.

These old toys are new to the grandkids and treasured by the family!!

_DSC2336-Edit.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom