CS #772 - 'Tis the Season

At least in the U.S., Nov. 25 marks the start of the holiday season. Perhaps there will be some travels; gatherings with family and friends; feasting; decorating; shopping; giving thanks; and otherwise giving. Maybe simply some seasonal photos. Usual rules: post as often as possible, but with a limit of 3 shots per post. Submissions run from 12:01 a.m. Nov. 25 through 11:59 p.m. Dec. 1 your local time. I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with. I'll search the archives for a few "seed" entries.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

At least in the U.S., Nov. 25 marks the start of the holiday season. Perhaps there will be some travels; gatherings with family and friends; feasting; decorating; shopping; giving thanks; and otherwise giving. Maybe simply some seasonal photos. Usual rules: post as often as possible, but with a limit of 3 shots per post. Submissions run from 12:01 a.m. Nov. 25 through 11:59 p.m. Dec. 1 your local time. I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with. I'll search the archives for a few "seed" entries.

Eric, I think you need to mention that we are to post only photographs made during the time period of the shoot.

We have some new members who may not know the usual rules. :)

Eric, I think you need to mention that we are to post only photographs made during the time period of the shoot.

We have some new members who may not know the usual rules. :)
Good idea, Jim.

Yes, for those who might be new to the Collective Shoot: Welcome and please only submit photos taken during the current one week time frame. A CS is intended to provide a bit of motivation to pick up the camera and shoot something related - even tangentially! - to the theme.

View attachment 1693908

View attachment 1693909

View attachment 1693910
Great theme choice and wonderful examples, Eric!

'Tisn't really the season here Eric but if I see anything I'll chip in.

IMHO it's really too early for Christmas decorations and all that, today only just being Thanksgiving Day. To me it would make more sense to start the Christmas holiday hoopla in December.....but, yes, the stores are all stocked up with piles of items hoping to entice customers with fancy displays, flaunting their holiday merchandise. Not to mention that some people have already put up their Christmas lights and elaborate yard displays. By the time Christmas actually does roll around many people will already be tired of it all!

IMHO it's really too early for Christmas decorations and all that, today only just being Thanksgiving Day. To me it would make more sense to start the Christmas holiday hoopla in December.....but, yes, the stores are all stocked up with piles of items hoping to entice customers with fancy displays, flaunting their holiday merchandise. Not to mention that some people have already put up their Christmas lights and elaborate yard displays. By the time Christmas actually does roll around many people will already be tired of it all!
You're right Connie, but I never tire of Christmas. Just a big kid really. I'll be digging out my copies of "White Christmas" and "It's a Wonderful Life" in two or three weeks' time.

That must be from his latter days in Vegas!
Or the far side of the Moon, according to one of our "newspapers" years ago.
You guys, I though everyone knew this, common knowledge :D

"The name Elvis is from Scandinavian origin. The meaning of Elvis is 'all wise'. It is the variant form of the name Elwes, which comes from name Eloise, which itself is derived from the Old French name Héloïse"

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom