CS #93 - Did you HEAR that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thanks Mike for such a great CS#92, it will be very hard to follow.

It is my priveledge to introduce CS#93 - Did you HEAR that? This collective shoot is all about photos that seem to activate our other senses. Although we see photos with our sense of sight, many photos evoke other senses. Many pictures I've seen here in the forums have been so profound, I feel I can actually HEAR that bird singing or those police sirens blaring. While HEARing photos is the main topic, I'm also including senses of taste and smell. I've seen some of the amazing food photography here, and I believe those should not be left out.

Shooting and Posting start Saturday morning at 12:01AM local time and end Tuesday night at 11:59PM local time. While it would be nice to see pictures taken during this period, exceptions are most definitely allowed if you can't get out to shoot during the time frame or have a picture from the past that you are particularly proud of.

Feel free to post three images that make viewers feel like they are using more than their senses of sight. Be creative and have fun!!

Here's an example, if it helps.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can still hear her hissing every time I look at this picture.

Ok, ready. I am shooting at a huge company BBQ tomorrow. Swimming, games, band, I think I have some ideas. Just so I am clear.. hearing, touch, smell are allowed?

Ok, ready. I am shooting at a huge company BBQ tomorrow. Swimming, games, band, I think I have some ideas. Just so I am clear.. hearing, touch, smell are allowed?
That sounds like fun! Hearing, smell, and taste. I hadn't thought about touch, but if you find something, go for it!

Beyond_Eden -

You've chosen a very creative theme for this CS - which normally would exclude me (lol).

Nonetheless, I headed out to the university gardens this morning in search of a buzz, and heard a lot at the crape myrtle. D200 at ISO 250 with 70-200 VR at 86 mm, 1/320 s, f/4, plus Canon 500D.

Eric

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond_Eden -

You've chosen a very creative theme for this CS - which normally would exclude me (lol).

Nonetheless, I headed out to the university gardens this morning in search of a buzz, and heard a lot at the crape myrtle. D200 at ISO 250 with 70-200 VR at 86 mm, 1/320 s, f/4, plus Canon 500D.

Eric
Eric,
I'm glad you could participate! This is a fantastic photo. Great job capturing that buzz!

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)
Here's one from last fall of Sting letting out his primal scream. If you're a fan of the Police, you ought to be able to hear this in your head!

Asylum.

Aflac!!! He he

Here's one from last fall of Sting letting out his primal scream. If you're a fan of the Police, you ought to be able to hear this in your head!
That's a great photo! I can definitely hear the scream and the jamming of the guitars. How close were you to the stage? That looks like a really fun concert.

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)
That's on heck of a great shot, Patti! Very pro and very commercial. Did they use it? These sort of shots are a LOT harder then they look.
Thanks Steve. It's the best concert shot I've ever taken. The fan club may use it for their end of tour DVD. I didn't have a press pass so no selling this baby to anyone. I don't need the suits coming after me although I wouldn't mind the Chief of Police arresting me. Hehehe. I did have a guy contact me wanting a number of my shots from the tour for a book he's publishing but he wanted to buy the copyright not just the license. Duh, I don't think so buddy!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. I love the Aflac!! Too good.

"Now listen to me bird,next time you come in,take the food ,NOT THE FINGER."
"I'm hearing you Boss"

Taken at a Falconers demonstration,Inverness Scotland.

Veloman.

A year and two months later, I still hear this little bird's cry. In fact I thought I heard his voice in the trees the other day, and looked for him, but he would be all grown up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom