CS #93 - Did you HEAR that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comment B E.I'm almost certain he called it a Peregrine Falcon,but I stand to be corrected.

V.

A year and two months later, I still hear this little bird's cry. In fact I thought I heard his voice in the trees the other day, and looked for him, but he would be all grown up now.
Wow! Look at him singing away. Nice capture. He looks like he's got a very important message he's trying to convey.

Thanks for your comment B E.I'm almost certain he called it a Peregrine Falcon,but I stand to be corrected.

V.
Hm...I believe peregrines are quite a bit darker and have dark marks around their eyes. I (like to) think I would recognize a peregrine, but this is such a lovely light colored bird. It reminds me of a snowy owl in hawk form. :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 222975

Michelle,These are the two following shots of the Falcons showing the back markings,sorry can't help with the sequence .your assessment appears to be correct.(I have no Ornothological knowledge at all)

V.

Michelle,These are the two following shots of the Falcons showing the back markings,sorry can't help with the sequence .your assessment appears to be correct.(I have no Ornothological knowledge at all)

V.
Gorgeous peregrines! Love those birds. Thanks for the additional information.

Wow! Look at him singing away. Nice capture. He looks like he's got a very important message he's trying to convey.
Actually he is not singing--he is crying. My neighbors take in wounded animals for the DNR, and he was taken in as a baby. He is still a baby here who had never flown yet, and had gotten out of the cage they kept him in. He was able to fly up, but having never yet flown, he was afraid to fly back down (a mother bird would have just pushed him off the wire until he was flying. Poor little guy, wanted to come down to eat but was afraid to. The neighbors finally had to climb the tree and physically bring him down. He is now an adult and out free and happy somewhere, but I will never forget helping to try to coax him down.

Crack!

Despite his 'issues', October 7th, 2001 was an exciting day at PacBell Park. This is home run #73.
Nikon F5, Sigma 170-500 @500mm, Fuji Provia ISO400
Ball is just to the right of the guy in the on-deck circles shoulder...

Not this weekend, but I can still hear it!:biggrin:

My take at it...

Some very nice submissions above. I managed to get this one shot during the shooting period (and there is still some time to get another one :wink:), which I felt would qualify.

It's not on purpose OOF, but after the fact I liked it like this. I thought it adds to the story. Anyway, here is the shot:

When tired, everything sucks

Actually he is not singing--he is crying. My neighbors take in wounded animals for the DNR, and he was taken in as a baby. He is still a baby here who had never flown yet, and had gotten out of the cage they kept him in. He was able to fly up, but having never yet flown, he was afraid to fly back down (a mother bird would have just pushed him off the wire until he was flying. Poor little guy, wanted to come down to eat but was afraid to. The neighbors finally had to climb the tree and physically bring him down. He is now an adult and out free and happy somewhere, but I will never forget helping to try to coax him down.
Oh wow. That makes sense, he has a look of panic, if that's possible for a bird. :) It sounds like you must get a lot of interesting experiences with your neighbors taking in wounded animals. Thank you for filling in the story.

Despite his 'issues', October 7th, 2001 was an exciting day at PacBell Park. This is home run #73.
Nikon F5, Sigma 170-500 @500mm, Fuji Provia ISO400
Ball is just to the right of the guy in the on-deck circles shoulder...

Not this weekend, but I can still hear it!:biggrin:
I bet most people at that game can still hear it, too! There's nothing quite like the sound of a home run coming off the bat. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a huge baseball fan, but doesn't matter which team or which batter. I love seeing/hearing a well hit baseball. Thanks for including this! Also...I can't tell for sure, but is the guy in the on deck circle grinning? He looks like he recognized the sound of the CRACK, as well.

Some very nice submissions above. I managed to get this one shot during the shooting period (and there is still some time to get another one :wink:), which I felt would qualify.

It's not on purpose OOF, but after the fact I liked it like this. I thought it adds to the story. Anyway, here is the shot:
Jani, this is definitely a picture that I can hear. I bet almost anyone who has been around kids can. That look from a kid seems to be universal. I agree that the OOF adds to the notion that he is TIRED. Well done. Is this your child? He seems to be around 4 years old...am I close?

Thanks for participating. I hope you do have time to get another one posted.

Summer BBQ: Nothing better than the SMELL of something on the Grill-

Refreshing Swim:

True North strong & free (that's Canada eh)
Summer BBQ: Nothing better than the SMELL of something on the Grill-

I can hear the sizzle and smell the aroma too. You may have hit all senses with this one!

Yummy........ I C E C R E A M:

Wow, Tamara! Those are fantastic. I should have eaten dinner before checking the board...now after looking at your grilling photo, I'm STARVING! I think Patti is right, you hit all the senses with that one. The waterfall/swimming picture and ice-cream picture are also fantastic. A refreshing swim, grilled dinner, and dessert, what a combo! (And the little girl is adorable!)

Thanks everyone. I was having a lot of fun shooting the other day. I got a few more, but was not sure if I was limited to 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom