CS #93 - Did you HEAR that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbling Fountain:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Better Off Def: ( the band was a group of engineers who had never played in public before. Worked for the company -- Earplugs were not provided. lol )

It is standard equipment used for testing hearing. LOL Oh, and as long as the guys above this post don't wear ear protection, I'll never be out of work.
Well, yay for job security! I get on my husband about wearing earplugs when he plays. At least now he wears noise canceling in-ear headphones. Oh well, working in a power plant, I actually have hearing tests more frequently than he does. :)

It is standard equipment used for testing hearing. LOL Oh, and as long as the guys above this post don't wear ear protection, I'll never be out of work.

lol nope they didn't and neither did the audience :rolleyes: not sure if that was good or bad

Jani, this is definitely a picture that I can hear. I bet almost anyone who has been around kids can. That look from a kid seems to be universal. I agree that the OOF adds to the notion that he is TIRED. Well done. Is this your child? He seems to be around 4 years old...am I close?

Thanks for participating. I hope you do have time to get another one posted.
Michelle, she is my child, and ~14 months old right now. So you were not exactly close :biggrin: Don't take it too bad - from a picture like that, it's very hard to tell.

Michelle, she is my child, and ~14 months old right now. So you were not exactly close :biggrin: Don't take it too bad - from a picture like that, it's very hard to tell.
Sorry about that Jani...not close at all. Either way, it's a nice photo of your cute daughter. Of course, the crying is probably cuter if it isn't your own kid. :)

Tamara, I love the fountain shot. The band looks like it was a fun time. Outdoor music doesn't have to be good. It's a reason to be outside. :)

I've really enjoyed everyone's images so far. :smile: Here are my contributions, little miracles who always announce their arrival with the thrummmm of of their wings.

Ok, I have another photo to add. I don't know that anyone else will really get this picture, but it's a photo of the end of a cell in our cooling tower. 5,500 gallons per minute go through our tower of 18 cells. It's a loud roar much like a large waterfall.

Thanks, Patti and Michelle. Both are ruby-throated humming birds, but only the males have the distinctive red gorget. They are truly amazing little creatures, weighing (according to this article) about 1/8 ounce, yet that migrate thousands of miles annually.

BTW, here's a great tutorial written by Cafe members on shooting hummers.

I love that shot, Michelle. I "got" it immediately, and I can hear the sound of falling water clearly. Your choice of shutter speed was perfect, IMO-slow enough to convey the motion of the water but not so slow as to blur all trace of the individual drops.

Michelle, I hope you're wearing ear protection!!! lol Cool shot (no put intended).
Thanks!

Per OSHA regulations, we're required to wear earplugs in almost all areas of the facility. Our admin building and out by the 33 acre pond are the only two exceptions to the rules. (We also have to wear hard hats, safety glasses, safety boots, etc.) I'm actually quite protective of my ears. I wear earplugs at concerts. Even though most people look at me like I'm crazy, I can still hear. I've actually had other people ask me if I have any more. I always carry several packs, just in case. :)

Patti: having heard that yell before, I love the picture. Really shows the emotion in the scream. Police is such a great perfomance. Well done.

Steve: Asylum is freaky weird.

AAAaaaf Laaaaaaaaaaac! That was hysterical. WOuld love to know how you did it.

Falcon is beautiful. You can see and feel the emotion between that handler and the bird.

Wendy: We had a nest outside the playroom window. Those lil ones sure can make a fuss huh?

Well, I am almost ashamed to submit this after seeing Dave’s marvelous shots, but this is the best I could do. I’ve been trying to catch this guy all weekend. Lots of complete misses; many butt shots as he was ducking around the feeder; and a few that were far too slow a shutter speed to even stop body blur. I was trying various flash combinations, so I guess I should expect many failures.

In looking at this one, you should be able to hear my grumbling in frustration – or maybe you just hear him chuckling:biggrin:. [I WILL get him before the season is out.:mad:]

Well, I am almost ashamed to submit this after seeing Dave’s marvelous shots, but this is the best I could do. I’ve been trying to catch this guy all weekend. Lots of complete misses; many butt shots as he was ducking around the feeder; and a few that were far too slow a shutter speed to even stop body blur. I was trying various flash combinations, so I guess I should expect many failures.

In looking at this one, you should be able to hear my grumbling in frustration – or maybe you just hear him chuckling:biggrin:. [I WILL get him before the season is out.:mad:]
Bob, definitely don't be ashamed. I've yet to catch a single hummer. I'm so glad you added your photo. I'm sure you'll get him. Everyone on this forum seems to have such drive and determination! I'm impressed with anyone who can capture these guys.

I love your SOUNDS you've included...grumbling and chuckling. I had a Stellar's Jay in Colorado that I swear I could hear laughing at me. As soon as I'd relax and lower the camera, he'd land within 10 feet of me. Raise the camera, and he'd be off again. I knew he was laughing at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom