1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

CS2 ACR V3.1 and DNG V3.1

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by jgrove, May 4, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
  2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks James. I didn't know they were ready for release yet. Might these be betas?

3. Are you sure ACR is actually reading the WB data and not just guessing? :D  My understanding was that they would just guess at the WB -- I believe based on the plain text description for in-camera WB setting, which is not "encrypted". If in-camera setting is Auto or Custom, it will just attempt to guess the WB based on its own Auto WB method.

_Man_

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I guess someone could test it. Set a really weird WB and convert it via ZCR 3.1 and see if it keeps it weird or makes the photo look right. I'm thinking maybe set a custom WB off a yellow piece of paper, then photograph the yellow paper in a normal scene and see if it comes out yellow or white.

5. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    set the camera to pre-set white balance, probably?

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Side note: Anybody see how OSX.4 (Tiger) handles 'ftp:' links?

Sweet!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.