CS2 Educational Version to CS3 Commercial Upgrade

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by j_b_l, Apr 21, 2007.

1. I didn't think this was possible...but it is!

I just spoke to Adobe, and purchased the $199 upgrade to CS3...they assured me that this upgrade will upgrade my Educational version of CS2 to the Commercial version of CS3.

Not sure if anyone else was wondering, but it is possible...

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Use the code to:>))
    AIGA07
    15% off

3. Adobe offered to upgrade my CS Premium Educational version to the commercial edition a few years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't follow through on it. But, I did discover (kind of late) that they do offer a complimentary cross platform upgrade (Windows to MAC or vice-versa). I was relieved to hear that, because CS 3 Premium is on the way and I am planning to purchase a Mac Book Pro within the next few months.

4. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Yes, they did it for me from PS7 to CS, been commercial ever since.

5. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    But the REALLY annoying thing is that if you have Creative Suite 2.3 (which includes PSCS2 of course, you CANNOT just upgrade the Photoshop part.

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    that's what I did John, it worked for me. Fact is, I didn't even think about this when upgrading, I just figured it wasn't going to save me much to wait and get through the University, so I went for it.

Functionally speaking, there is no differcence in Adobe or MS products for education, just the price, and licensing agreement.