CS2 Not responding... Mac OS 10.4.2

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dbirdsong, Oct 9, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

All of a sudden PS CS2 won't open up any files, it just sits there and doesn't nothing. I can open the program but not any files.
    I still have CS on my mac and it works fine.
    Any ideals what is wrong?

2. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    this is from the Adobe Forums, i also had this problem.

Image doesn't open when you double-click it or drag it to the Photoshop icon (CS-CS2 on Mac OS X v10.3-10.4)

Issue

When you try to open an image in Adobe Photoshop by double-clicking it or dragging it to the Photoshop icon, Photoshop starts, but the image doesn't open.

Details
    -- You can open the image in Photoshop by choosing File > Open.

-- You installed Photoshop and then used the Archive and Install method to upgrade to either Panther (Mac OS X v10.3) or Tiger (Mac OS X v10.4).

Solutions

Do one of the following solutions:

Solution 1: Copy the Adobe Unit Types file to Library/ScriptingAdditions.

Copy the Adobe Unit Types file in the Previous System folder to [hard disk] /Library/ScriptingAdditions.

Solution 2: Create a new ScriptingAdditions folder, and then reinstall Photoshop.

1. Create a new folder in [hard disk] /Library and name it ScriptingAdditions.

2. Remove and reinstall Photoshop.

Background information

If you use the Archive and Install method to upgrade to Panther or Tiger after installing Photoshop in a previous version of Mac OS X, the system doesn't copy the Adobe Unit Types file to the ScriptingAdditions folder. Reinstalling Photoshop restores the Adobe Unit Types file, which enables you to open files in Photoshop.

Good luck
    Ron

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The problem is Ron, that I haven't changed anything on my system in a while, it was working on Friday and stopped on Saturday.
    I have tried removing the prefs and it doesn't make any difference.

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Follow up here...
    I decided to see what would happen if I changed users and sure enough under a different user PS CS2 works fine...

Ideals on how to fix this problem?

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    My guess would be that you have a Scripting additions folder in Users/User-That-Doesn't-Work/Library but not in the user's which works. The user library is over-riding the universal library at the top level.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Some follow up on this problem.
    I tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all the prefs I could find that were related to CS2. Still wouldn't work.
    One of my friends that lives for breaking computers and fixing them suggested that I remove the entire preference folder from the library and try it. well that worked, then I just put everything thing back simply not replacing any thing when I did.
    Glad to have that out of the way. Now I can get back to some PP work.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;