CS2 PC to CS3 MAC

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by j_inalaska, Jun 17, 2007.

1. I am in the middle of purchasing a MBP. My question is, I own the Photoshop CS2 for PC. So since I am now going MAC. can I just do the up grade to CS3 to MAC?

Does that make any sense to anyone? I would just hate to be out the full purchase price I initally paid for the CS2. And then have to buy the complete version of CS3 for MAC.

Help. Thanks in advance.

Jen

2. You should be able to do that easily now. Just call the Adobe store (see adobe.com) and be prepared to give your serial number. It will be easier if you have registered the current copy.
    dave

3. Stephen Fox

Stephen Fox Guest

Not quite that simple. You need to apply for a cross platform transfer with Adobe customer services and prove you purchased CS2 or the original full version of Adobe photoshop. I am in the process of doing exactly this but have lost my paper and electronic receipts for CS (I then upgraded to CS2 - PC) .

As I have not got my 'proof' of purchase I am having difficulty and have to apply for an exception. Should this exception go in my favour I will be billed the upgrade fee from CS2 to CS3 but will be shipped the full version for OS X.

I need to resolve this quickly as I only have 10 days remaining on my CS3 trail.

I'll let you know what happens.

4. Precisely why I mentioned "if you registered the current copy". I always register my adobe products when I install them and then I no longer need proof of purchase.

5. Hey, guys thank you so much! This is such a wonderful group with such valuable information!

I am headed to CA this week and will go directly to a Mac store for my purchase. I did register my current copy, and always keep receipts! After my purchase I will try the up-grade and will let you know.

Jen