1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

cs3 help

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by downloader, Sep 8, 2008.

1. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    hi this was a good friend of mine that passed away, its the most recent photo that I have of him can someone improve the lighting, eyes and skin tone. Please tell me the steps, so I can practise. Thanks
    DSCN1376.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Mine on the right, yours on the left. (all done with filters in CS3) Filters are called Nik Pro Efex 3.0

IMAGE_NO_TOUCHUP.jpg
    DSCN1376copy.gif

3. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
  4. Romeo

Romeo

May 31, 2008
    TP, IL
    How about this?

[​IMG]

5. Romeo

Romeo

May 31, 2008
    TP, IL
    Or this?

[​IMG]

6. Downloader, can't see Seneca's version. However I did some curves on this and a little change in hue/saturation. Then selected the background are, made another layer from the selection applied some blur (lens) to soften that area, then selected the layer with the face applied some smart sharpen (motion) as the face showed slight movement.
    I think that's it !!

2842645276_e5d00aeecc_o.png

Al the best, sorry he has departed.

7. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    Thank you all for your work, I think seneca filter the lower cheaks with more hue, all of you have done great jobs, cs3 is very time consuming, I have work over 2 hours and got a very #$$% image. Can I should I use the clone tool or the burn tool for the flash in the eyes?

8. If you're trying to remove the catchlight in his eyes, I suggest you don't.

9. evokel

evokel

Sep 6, 2008
    florida
    sorry about your friend
    but hope people here already helped you out

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.