CS3 issues on raw processing

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Doug, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    I've had a couple of issues relative to CS3 to see if anyone else can confirm my problems.

1. On new Raw processor, if I reach for certain slide bars, it pulls up Photoshop's sidebar windows under the raw converter! Very annoying, then if I get back to raw converter, the slide bars work the second time there. It's like they forgot to turn off the CS3 side control windows when raw is active.

2. Smart sharpen, on one computer, if I set to motion adjustment and change the alignment dial, as soon as I did, Photoshop crashed!

I cannot reproduce this at my office as yet, but I am not processing a raw file here either, a difference.

Anyone else experienced either issue with raw file processing?

oops, sorry, I put this maybe in wrong forum, should have been in technical I guess...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    thanks Gale, but I was looking to see if anyone else had the experiences.

Heck, I can't even understand half what they write in this user guide. If you can, please explain.

thanks.

3. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Interestingly, I waited a week for a response from Adobe. Customer service replied that I would have to call customer service, that it could not be handled via technical support database. :Curved: Go figure.

Yet, I first called customer service about the issue, and they said I'd have to contact technical support.

4. jbm007

jbm007

Sep 5, 2005
    Doug

Need more info.
    Win or Mac?
    What plugin build for acr are you using?
    Is this the CS 3 beta or the final release version?
    What resoultion is monitor at.
    How much memory do you have.

Sorry need to help isolate your problems. Jim
    What camera raw files are you using.

5. Doug,

I have experienced your #1 on occasion both with Beta & production model. Wished I knew also.

Also, I haven't been able to get the preview screen in Bridge to come up for anything. And, if I try to use the slideshow function in Bridge, it crashes Bridge.

I thought that only the Beta version was a little unstable because, heck, it's Beta! But the production model seems a little more unstable than CS2 also. At least to me.

But I do love it and will continue to muddle through. I have the Windows version.

Anyone else experiencing these??

Good Luck,

6. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Jim, thanks for the confirmation on item 1, so it is not just my system.

Item 2, could have been memory related, I can't say for sure yet. Trying to get a bit more usage before I say it was definitely a memory problem.

jbm, for the most part, I feel my system hardware should not be that significant, since I've ran PS 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, CS, CSII all successfully before now.

CSIII on item 2 is the first consistent CRASH, I believe I had ever received from PS. The raw issue did not date back to CSII and RAW converter for it.

I believe the new RAW converter that comes with CSIII is 4.0, right? I didn't ever ask for a new raw, but some update occured at some point either through standard adobe updates, or with the new CSIII.

But to satisfy your curiosity, I run XP PRO with a dual CPU Asus board, older 1.8 Athlon chips. 1 gig ram standard. I've tried unsuccessfully to upgrade to 2 gig of ram, not sure why it wouldn't accept it, but I just tried this past weekend. I did get it to accept a 3rd 512 mb chip, but it does not recognize it in system properties, so I am not certain I am getting benefit from it.

disc space is not an issue with dual 250 gig drives.

I raked Adobe over the coals on their customer feedback they sent me. I was harsh on them after patiently waiting 1 week for a deferral that "we can't help you here via web tech support, we've closed your case and you should phone customer service". Uh, hello, I started with customer service and got bumped to technical support right off. That is unacceptable to a professional, IMO, so when they asked, "was your web technical support helpful in providing the answers you needed?" They got an ear shot full and the very bottom ranking for each question asked straight across. If I get no help at all and no answers, I had no other choice but that.