CS3 Official - Pre-Order Now, Ships in April

Real Name
William Beem
I've never understood the value of pre-ordering something, unless you expect a shortage of the item when it ships (e.g., XBox360). Otherwise, you've given your time-value of money to someone else.

I love the infra red filter in it:
_DSC1361.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Silly question - has anyone evaluated which is best for whom? I was checking out the Adobe website's flash and still left shaking my head. Also, when one upgrades from a full version of 7 or CS, which version does one upgrade to (for example, what is being shown at the Mac Store).

James

Silly question - has anyone evaluated which is best for whom? I was checking out the Adobe website's flash and still left shaking my head. Also, when one upgrades from a full version of 7 or CS, which version does one upgrade to (for example, what is being shown at the Mac Store).

James

They do grandfather older versions to a point. Usually they will announce the oldest versions you can upgrade from for that price. Past that, older versions will cost more.

Rich

Ok $650. To me It is an awfull lot of money.

Granted, but it's been around that figure for many many years. I purchased a copy for half price when I bought my (then) new Epson 1280; I think the version I bought was 5 or 6 and the list was over $600 then. There was a coupon in the box with it. I haven't seen one of those for years now. They have offered a discount for the full version if you bought and registered your Photoshop Elements. I don't know the details of those offers.

And of course if you are registered in a qualified educational program there are significant discounts available.

My D2x cost $5000 and I bought the 70-200VR for list around $1800 and paid list of $1000 for the Bigma etc. etc. It's all relative.

Rich

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
I screwed up and pre ordered it from the Adobe site for 199.00 upgrade from CS2 for Mac. Now I see Gale's link and just threw away 40.00 DURN!

I will do it after it is released. LOL, I always feel like I am spending money...and my goal is to not to so (it goes against my 'make money, don't purchase new items' theme). Oh well - I was able to skip CS 2.

James

Latest threads

Top Bottom