CS3 or wait for Elements update?

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by wbeem, Apr 19, 2007.

1. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I currently use Aperture on my MacBook Pro and I find it suitable for organizing my photos and basic level tweaking. Now that CS3 is out, I'm debating whether or not to plunge into it.

My only previous experience is with Photoshop Elements 3 on my iMac G5, and I honestly never used it much. That's quite probably because I never understood much how to work with various layers and other tools. Things that I thought should've been quick fixes eluded me. However, I got the impression that it handled more than I'd need to do.

CS3 is universal, but I don't see a corresponding Universal update to PSE. Does anyone know if one is imminent, or a convincing reason why I should just accept the inevitable and buy the expensive package? Is my MacBook Pro 2.16 w/2GB RAM sufficient to run CS3?

I'd appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cs3
    :>))))))

3. Bill,
    Your MBP has all you need in specs for CS3 to run just fine. Whether or not you need it, well I can not say. I do not use it a lot but find I REALLY need it at times. I use it mostly for printing and print preparation but there are tons of other things I use it for from time to time.

4. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Ok, that covers part of my concerns. It's nice to know I don't have to invest in much more expensive hardware should I decide to go that route.