1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cs4!

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by Johnny Yuma, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Just noticed that all the pictures Moose has put up on his blog in the last week or so have "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Windows" in the EXIF

2. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    There has been a *questionable* copy of CS4 floating around. This is the first I've heard of it being used, though.

3. Any hints on what has improved??? :biggrin:

I really enjoy CS3 (though admittedly, it's my first copy of PS, upgraded from Elements), I don't see much in my daily use that needs improvement. But of course, I'm ever curious! :smile:

4. Adobe released a beta version in May or so IIRC. It was posted at Adobe Labs. Those DLing CS4, who did not have CS3, were able to use it for 2 days before it expired. Those with CS3 had no expiration. Moose is probably using this beta version.

The new version has a new user interface - as well as a method to go back to the classic interface. It also better utilizes system resources and is thus much quicker when working with large images.

Some suggest it will be out in Q4 of this year.

5. turtile

turtile

May 12, 2008
    Delaware
    64 bit!

6. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    One of the things is it is supposed to be able to utilize multi core systems for more speed.

7. Moose Peterson?

8. Johnny Yuma

Johnny Yuma

Jun 27, 2007
    SE MI
    Yes

9. jshurak

jshurak

Aug 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    I believe the 64 bit is only for windows environment though.

10. I received an invitation from Adobe to beta test CS4 for windows two months ago. I politely declined. When I beta tested CS2 years ago, it was so buggy that the frequent crashes drove me crazy. I'm letting others do the testing for me now.

11. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Please pass the invite along to me! I'd LOVE to beta test it!!

12. It looks good from what I have heard.

13. Not commenting other than to say Q4 sounds very reasonable. I have been a beta tester for Adobe software in the past.

14. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.