CS5 to CS6 plugins

does anyone know when I upgrade to CS6 from CS5 if all my presets/brushes etc HDR pro etc will auto transfer or will I have to reload everything??

When you upgrade you should get a dialogue box asking if you would like to import presets from any earlier version found. If you have already installed then you can go to Edit/Preset/Migrate Preset

This vid may be of some interest
http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-photoshop-cs6/preset-migration-and-sharing/

As for third party plugins IF they are compatible with CS6 they may work by transferring them from the CS5 plugin folder to the new CS6 plugin. If not you will have to reinstall them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adobe doesn't support 3rd party presets, no biggie, I was at panic at first, lost all my watermarks and add ons, called Adobe tech support, first guy I had to hang up as he could not speak English, second guy was ok, he gave me the same vid as Tony gave, plus a blog, none of it worked, kept giving me NO presets found, so a few cups of coffee I'm back up and running with all of my add ons from Nik and Topaz and watermarks onto CS6.........yippie!!!

think are looking up, Doorbell just rang, got my Manfrotto tripod, now waiting for Fedex for my 500mm lens:smile:

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi Darrell.I am thinking of gowning to CS6 From CS5 how do you find working with things moved around on CS6! What Manfrotto tripod did you go for I am thinking on moving up to the 057 geared one with the 057 head.I currently have the 055CXPRO and I think that the 057 would be a good move.
Cheers.
Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
really haven't played with the cs6 much, but it seem to be no biggie, looks and handles thing fine, the tripod is 055xprob, it is for attaching the Gimble arm assy, my first Manfrotto, a very well built unit! if you want the 057, you can't go wrong, like anything else, "speed cost money, how fast you wanna go" :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom