cs6 on an MBA

Real Name
Randy
i have a cd & key from my purchased copy but no cd drive so i need to download a trial and plugin the key but it appears adobe only sells cs6 via their CC....
Does adobe have a place to download cs6 ?
thanks

Real Name
Randy
i did that but don't see cs6 extended....only something called premier cs6 which i downloaded and it is not what i need

i don't know whats more frustrating at this point, using a mac for the 1st time or dealing with adobe

Real Name
Doug
i did that but don't see cs6 extended....only something called premier cs6 which i downloaded and it is not what i need

i don't know whats more frustrating at this point, using a mac for the 1st time or dealing with adobe

I needed to do a crossgrade of CS6 from PC to Mac. I tried calling Adobe support but got nowhere. I then gave the chat service a try and they had me all set in about 20 minutes. Try that.

Real Name
Randy
I'm selling the MBA, once a Windows addict always a windows addict.....this dog is too old and too technical to deal with the Mac UI, it is just too much work to do anything simple, like uninstalling a Pgm...

The iPad fooled me, I love it, but it's not really a Mac pc

Thx for your help

Real Name
Doug
I'm selling the MBA, once a Windows addict always a windows addict.....this dog is too old and too technical to deal with the Mac UI, it is just too much work to do anything simple, like uninstalling a Pgm...

Thx for your help

Life is too short to use tools you don't like or are uncomfortable using. That's why I went the opposite direction. I completely understand.

Thx for your help

For any Mac users out there frustrated with uninstalling programs, here is a quick and easy unisntaller. Just drag the program to the folder and be done with it.

http://appcleaner.en.softonic.com/mac

Randy sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase. Tried myself and every time I was redirected to the bloody CC pages.

Anyway with a lot of messing around I found the direct download page
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Scroll to the bottom and select CS6 (the version should be extended and will change if you do not have extended key) and your OS version.

Real Name
Randy
i got 'access denied'
Randy, when I posted the link I had actually checked that I could download i.e. get the dialogue box to open to save the file.

At first like you I got access denied. Then I logged onto my Adobe account and tried the page again and it worked as expected.

I have just checked once more and hope this helps

1. Opened link to the download page. Click on the file I wanted and got error message.
2. Opened a new tab in browser and signed into my Adobe account https://www.adobe.com/account.html
3. Waited for a short while and back to the download page all files could be accessed.

So I guess that you could just first log onto your Adobe account and then short wait and try the link again without closing your account. I really hope it works for you this time :smile:

Real Name
Randy
Randy, when I posted the link I had actually checked that I could download i.e. get the dialogue box to open to save the file.

At first like you I got access denied. Then I logged onto my Adobe account and tried the page again and it worked as expected.

I have just checked once more and hope this helps

1. Opened link to the download page. Click on the file I wanted and got error message.
2. Opened a new tab in browser and signed into my Adobe account https://www.adobe.com/account.html
3. Waited for a short while and back to the download page all files could be accessed.

So I guess that you could just first log onto your Adobe account and then short wait and try the link again without closing your account. I really hope it works for you this time :smile:

thanks Tony I really appreciate you taking the time to do that

I have decided since I only have 128gb of space to not use cs6 on the MBA yet (until i see how disk space is after a few months of use) and use iPhoto instead. I also decided to keep the MBA since spending a few hrs on it I am OK with using it for it's intended purpose which was for photo trips to use as a way of backing up images to a portable HD, surfing, skype, etc. I love my ipad but it's lack of 2 usb ports makes the MBA necessary.

If you have another Mac system with a CD/DVD drive, you should be able to share it via a network with your MBA so that you can install from disc.

apparently my MBA won't allow the download because its not mac certified
this is sure a new world

You should be able to go into security in the control panel, and change (either temporarily or permanently) the security settings. I've had to do that in order to install various apps (including PhotoMechanic originally). Personally, I drop the security when installing, and raise it again afterwards.

Real Name
Randy
Thx guys.....the MBA is a photo trip tool only so based on the new CC and my 128gb of space I'll stick with iPhoto

Latest threads

Top Bottom