Cuban Anole Showing His Stuff

Parking lot fence at my office, St. Augustine, FL.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice.

Unfortunately we have lost most of them in SoFla. They have all but disappeared. An invasive species, a little bigger and with a curly tail came in a few years ago and slowly got rid of them. The invaders are not half as cute.

As I examine the photo closely, I've got to wonder if it's really motion blur. That's because other portions of the image that I think are on the same plane as the orange thing are also out of focus and the portions of the image that seem to be closer to the camera including the fence are quite sharp.

Real Name
Randy
the wood at the same focal plane as the orange is def dof so the orange would be blurred either way, motion or dof, only the shooter knows

very cool shot, great eye

Nice shot, really like the worn fence post and that smooth green background. You must have also been fairly close, love the detail around the eyes and mouth and those colorful scales.
The condo we stay at has a lot of these little fellows, usually on the metal fence that encloses the pool area. Have several images puffing out their throat but no where near the attractive background and separation you have here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I examine the photo closely, I've got to wonder if it's really motion blur. That's because other portions of the image that I think are on the same plane as the orange thing are also out of focus and the portions of the image that seem to be closer to the camera including the fence are quite sharp.
Interesting, but the only thing moving was the blown out neck. I was about 6 feet away.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom