1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Cuban Anole Showing His Stuff

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by bobbyv, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:29 PM.

1. Parking lot fence at my office, St. Augustine, FL.
    1709n.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Great color and composition! Why did you decide to make the "throat thing" out of focus (or is it motion blur)?

3. Motion blur, lizard throats need more than 1/60. :) 

4. Very nice.

Unfortunately we have lost most of them in SoFla. They have all but disappeared. An invasive species, a little bigger and with a curly tail came in a few years ago and slowly got rid of them. The invaders are not half as cute.

5. As I examine the photo closely, I've got to wonder if it's really motion blur. That's because other portions of the image that I think are on the same plane as the orange thing are also out of focus and the portions of the image that seem to be closer to the camera including the fence are quite sharp.

6. the wood at the same focal plane as the orange is def dof so the orange would be blurred either way, motion or dof, only the shooter knows

very cool shot, great eye

7. Never seen one of them. Interesting critter.

8. Motion or no motion, wonderful catch. There is so much detail and texture to these little critters.

9. Nice shot, really like the worn fence post and that smooth green background. You must have also been fairly close, love the detail around the eyes and mouth and those colorful scales.
    The condo we stay at has a lot of these little fellows, usually on the metal fence that encloses the pool area. Have several images puffing out their throat but no where near the attractive background and separation you have here.

10. I don’t know how close Bobby was to the subject so dof could have been quite narrow.

11. Interesting, but the only thing moving was the blown out neck. I was about 6 feet away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.