CUIL search engine, and photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johncarol, Jul 29, 2008.

1. johncarol

johncarol

Jan 31, 2006
    SW Florida
    Some of the folks from Google have left and put their own search engine on the web, www.cuil.com

The interesting thing is it matches lots of photos with the search results at times. Try putting in your name and the name of your host site such as
    " john doe smugmug". The strange thing is that the photos are random and sometimes inappropriate. Also, many many photos coming from the cuil image server. Where do you think they get these photos?

Thoughts

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  2. wow
    never heard of this search engine until now
    very impressive
    thanks for the thread and link

3. deadmeat

deadmeat

Jul 18, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    I heard of that site just yesterday.

A local talk show host was quite upset because when you search for his name ( Todd Schnitt, or Schnitt for short) a picture of Glenn Beck shows up under his profile.

I got a good laugh out of it.

Honestly, it looks like a load of crap to me. So far, it's completely unimpressive and... well... Crappy.

-meaty

4. I agree... pretty unimpressive based on the first few searches that I tried. :frown:

5. I agree, do a search for Nikon sb900 :eek:

6. Better yet, try NIKON CAFE

Oh it's so Cuil (Cool) NOT!:confused:

7. I heard about this last week, but this is the first time I have been there, seems like they have a very long way to go before it will be of any use. I use vivisimo when goggle does not turn up anything, at least the clusty is a real search engine.